Author Topic: How To Use TigerTool V3.0 Service Utility Software  (Read 12050 times)

Offline 636mick

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: triumph explorer
  • City / Town: Daventry
Re: How To Use TigerTool V3.0 Service Utility Software
Reply #30 on: October 10, 2021, 08:05:31 PM
Just wondered, will V3 run on a Chromebook, anyone know please? I understand windows, Apple but chromebook confuses the heck out of me!! Just got given one as my windows laptop is a secure gov issue job so won’t allow downloads!!
I want to activate TPMS among other bits.
Cheers
Mick
Playing in the traffic on the M1.

Offline 636mick

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: triumph explorer
  • City / Town: Daventry
Reply #31 on: October 15, 2021, 06:46:03 PM
S’ok, sorted. While rearranging some crap in the loft I found an old windows laptop, sorted a few things out, downloaded V3, all works great.
Now, where’s the best place to but TPMS sensors!!
Ta
Mick
Playing in the traffic on the M1.

Offline FL-Tig-Rider

• Explorer Member
  • Tiger Owner since 2001
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT 2018
  • City / Town: Central Florida
Reply #32 on: October 28, 2021, 03:49:44 PM
I just noticed the recommended scan tool "bbfly-BF32301" is now available in US-Amazon again and I just ordered one for US$ 20.85.  The bad thing is delivery is stated at about 6 weeks...  Dec 10-18.  But that is just about the right timing for my 10K service.  I talked to my local Triumph dealer yesterday and the Service Rep stated they typically charge $65 for a service light reset, about half of their hourly rate (I just can't do that!).  I checked Ali-Express last week for the scanner and it was $13 with a coupon code ($3 off) and free shipping, but I prefer to go through Amazon, even at the higher price.  Either way, I'm saving good money on the next service reset over the dealer.

Here is the link if interested:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N22B3FQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 04:00:12 PM by FL-Tig-Rider
75,000 miles in a Tiger saddle and counting!
My Intro Post
My 2001 Tiger 955i For Sale

Offline FL-Tig-Rider

• Explorer Member
  • Tiger Owner since 2001
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT 2018
  • City / Town: Central Florida
Reply #33 on: November 23, 2021, 07:11:46 PM
My bbfly-BF32301 interface arrived early and naturally I had to try it.  I received the "ECU Read Error!" message until I realized that even though the TFT was fully initialized and displaying the speedo by hitting the top of the button, the ignition isn't ON until you click the rocker down to the crank position.  The previous owner told me the top of the switch works like an On/Off button on many devices.  He said hit the top side of the rocker to power up and then to crank, you push and hold the lower part of the switch. 

Reading the owner's manual on this point (finally!), I think I can immediately hit and hold the bottom of the rocker to power up and start the bike in one step (didn't try it just now in a closed garage) without first hitting the "power" button (the top side of the rocker) to initialize TFT, so maybe I learned a shortcut today!

Thanks again T800XC...  I'm looking forward to using this tool in the near future. 

Let us know if you ever get the TPMS issue figured out on the chassis ECU late model bikes.  In the meantime, I found a pretty decent $40 TPMS system that works well.  Only problem is, the display is not spec'd as waterproof (fortunately though, light rain has not hurt it yet).
75,000 miles in a Tiger saddle and counting!
My Intro Post
My 2001 Tiger 955i For Sale

nonskid