Author Topic: Black Globebuster spotted in Devon - and a really great Pub!  (Read 1444 times)

Offline XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2018 T12 & 1995 D12
  • City / Town: County Kildare
 :700:

I was travelling down some very small roads in Devon and I came across The Cridford Inn. I nearly passed it buy but decided myself and my pillion could do with some refreshment, it was a hot day. Club sandwiches and zero alcohol beer went down a treet in the heat. There were four people in the pub, we were two of them! Low and behold the proprietor had a Black Globebuster sitting out front, needless to say any forum members welcome. They also do a curry night promo, £10 for a curry and a pint, what more could you want, great surroundings, bike friendly (Triumph Explorer especially) and good value?

Online T800XC

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
  • City / Town: English Riviera
As that's not far from me I've covered the roads around there many times, usually early morning when the roads are quiet and at their best.

I need to arrange one of my rides to come back via the Teign Valley for an excuse to stop off at the pub!

Did you ride up from there and around the reservoirs?
...Desire ends in satisfaction...

Offline XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2018 T12 & 1995 D12
  • City / Town: County Kildare
I took a little six day road trip round the Brecon Beacons in South Wales, then the North and Western Devon coast, hugging it real tight on some tiny roads, down to Bodmin Moor, looped back up to Dartmoor, South Coast across to Dorset, across the New Forest and North Wessex Downs then a bit of a motorway blast to get me to Snowdonia. 1869Km in six days with a day off riding in the middle, two up and at least 50Kg over the max load rating, bike didn’t care, handled brilliantly and did not miss a beat. The induction noise was quite pronounced with that load, quite pleasant too. One or two tight corners tested me and at such a load the hill hold did come into play. I wouldn’t normally use it that much but did find it quite useful when so loaded.

Taught me a lot about riding with a pillion. I have had a pillion many times over the years but usually short term day rides without piles of luggage. Riding for six days covering a lot of twisty mileage I got a lot of feedback to my riding style which I adjusted quite considerably by day 3. I really did become very conscious of what suited and made life easier for my 6'4" son on the back.

I also noticed the front tyre noise virtually dissapeared with the load, only to return when I took all the luggage and no pillion. Interesting, might drop another 1 or 2 psi out of the front wheel and see what happens as long as the handling is not compromised..

Online T800XC

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
  • City / Town: English Riviera
Sounds like a great trip.  :028:

I agree about the induction noise.  :001:
...Desire ends in satisfaction...