Author Topic: Heated Seat Problem  (Read 510 times)

Offline Alunr

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 1200 xcx
  • City / Town: Cheltenham
Heated Seat Problem
on: October 04, 2020, 10:25:32 AM
Hi All

I seem to have a problem with my heated seat(s). When sitting on the bike, if I switch the heated seat on, I get the red seat symbol for a second or two, then it switches to the black symbol with two lines through it. I take the second symbol to mean that the heated seat is non-functional.

Oddly though, if I press the switch whilst not sitting on the bike, the red symbol comes on and stays on.

Any ideas for a simple fix or error on my part before I go to the dealer?

Ta
Give a man a fish and he'll demand chips a six-pack of Stella 20 fags and a scratch card. Make him work for his fish.

Offline biketraveller

• Explorer Member
  • https://biketraveller.org
  • Bike: Tiger 1200
Re: Heated Seat Problem
Reply #1 on: October 28, 2020, 06:08:29 AM
Assuming that nothing is wrong with the power supply wiring (like chafed or broken cables) that very much sounds like a faulty heater element in your seat. If possible, borrow someone else's seat and see if the problem persists. If it does it's a wiring problem, if it doesn't then your seat needs replacing.

Ride safely

Pete

Online XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 T12 & 1995 D12
  • City / Town: County Kildare
Re: Heated Seat Problem
Reply #2 on: October 28, 2020, 10:11:11 AM
If it is not something simple like the seat as biketraveller suggests you might get your dealer to look at the "chassis control module" which I believe also manages the heated seat. My bike shut itself down for two months while Triumph and the dealer tried to work out what was wrong, one of the indicators of this (I didn't realise at the time) was a faulty heated seat with odd and random heated seat icon behaviour. This was happening in the days leading up to my total failure. After they replaced my chassis control module the bike started and the heated seat problem was miraculously fixed. I know this is the extreme and you would think it is probably something as simple as a short in the seat as biketraveller suggests.