Author Topic: Machine head replacement help, who knows the accessories number  (Read 1971 times)

Offline CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
Re: Machine head replacement help, who knows the accessories number
Reply #20 on: October 26, 2020, 05:21:41 PM
*Originally Posted by TonyLi [+]
I hope he can help me, so that I can also serve as a precedent, because the motorcycle I bought in the United States has been recalled and service announcement has been made in China. If so, I am also an example, and you can refer to me if you have any problems
I really hope this works out for you! You have been through enough already with the failed side stand. Persistence is key when dealing with Triumph.
Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 06:18:51 PM by CaptainTrips
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline TonyLi

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: TIGEr EXPLORE 2013xc
  • City / Town: Los Angeles
Reply #21 on: October 28, 2020, 07:44:26 PM
*Originally Posted by CaptainTrips [+]
I really hope this works out for you! You have been through enough already with the failed side stand. Persistence is key when dealing with Triumph.
This is an internal technical notice, not a public recall, only for vehicles within the warranty period, please understand. He replied me like this. I don't know what to say to you. Hope is not very high

Offline CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
Reply #22 on: October 28, 2020, 08:19:01 PM
This is an internal technical notice, not a public recall, only for vehicles within the warranty period, please understand. He replied me like this. I don't know what to say to you. Hope is not very high
All I can tell you is that Triumph corporate has, on occasion, provided the parts required to people like yourself who had the bad luck to purchase one of these out-of-warranty bikes on a goodwill basis if the owner pays an authorized Triumph dealership for the labor. But you have to be persistent.

The most recent posting that I have seen from a person who was successful in getting Triumph to do this, was from someone in Doah, Qatar on August 21, 2020:

https://www.tiger-explorer.com/index.php/topic,17989.20.html

I would contact the Triumph Motorcycles (America) Ltd. Customer Relations Manager because you bought the bike in the US. Here is their contact information:

Triumph Motorcycles (America) Ltd.
100 Hartsfield Centre Parkway
Suite 200
Atlanta, Georgia
USA   30354

Ph. 1 (678) 854-2010

"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline TonyLi

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #23 on: October 28, 2020, 08:32:23 PM
All I can tell you is that Triumph corporate has, on occasion, provided the parts required to people like yourself who had the bad luck to purchase one of these out-of-warranty bikes on a goodwill basis if the owner pays an authorized Triumph dealership for the labor. But you have to be persistent.

The most recent posting that I have seen from a person who was successful in getting Triumph to do this, was from someone in Doah, Qatar on August 21, 2020:

https://www.tiger-explorer.com/index.php/topic,17989.20.html

I would contact the Triumph Motorcycles (America) Ltd. Customer Relations Manager because you bought the bike in the US. Here is their contact information:

Triumph Motorcycles (America) Ltd.
100 Hartsfield Centre Parkway
Suite 200
Atlanta, Georgia
USA   30354

Ph. 1 (678) 854-2010
Thank you for all you have done for me. The only person I can contact is the aftersales manager of Triumphant Return China. Before, he didn't acknowledge my global recalls but I kept at it (probably because I emailed Triumphant Return USA regularly), and yes, he has now submitted my two recalls
. Ian Gu after-sales

The manager
His E-mail Ian.Gu@triumphmotorcycles.com
Modify the message

Offline CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
Reply #24 on: October 28, 2020, 08:56:48 PM
I hope that Triumph does the right thing and helps you with this. It is too bad that they never did a proper recall for this issue.

Offline TonyLi

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #25 on: October 29, 2020, 03:51:44 PM
I hope that Triumph does the right thing and helps you with this. It is too bad that they never did a proper recall for this issue.
Even if they didn't issue an announcement recalling the cylinder heads, they should have told you the name and number of the parts to be replaced if the cylinder heads didn't sound right and they didn't tell me

Offline CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
Reply #26 on: October 29, 2020, 04:32:18 PM
Even if they didn't issue an announcement recalling the cylinder heads, they should have told you the name and number of the parts to be replaced if the cylinder heads didn't sound right and they didn't tell me
Did you find the part numbers for the kit and shims in the bulletin I posted? The part numbers start with a T. The kit is dependent on your VIN number.

Offline TonyLi

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #27 on: October 29, 2020, 04:49:45 PM
Did you find the part numbers for the kit and shims in the bulletin I posted? The part numbers start with a T. The kit is dependent on your VIN number.
I searched for the parts. They are no longer on sale and the price of the parts is more than 1000 dollars, not including my hourly fee for repair

Offline CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
Reply #28 on: October 29, 2020, 05:32:51 PM
I searched for the parts. They are no longer on sale and the price of the parts is more than 1000 dollars, not including my hourly fee for repair
The parts would be expensive. I believe that the kits were never meant to be sold to the general public. But a dealer could order the kit directly from Triumph. The only advantage of the kit for you is that it would include everything that you should need to do the head replacement.

Offline TonyLi

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #29 on: October 29, 2020, 05:38:34 PM
The parts would be expensive. I believe that the kits were never meant to be sold to the general public. But a dealer could order the kit directly from Triumph. The only advantage of the kit for you is that it would include everything that you should need to do the head replacement.
I will continue to contact Triumphant Return USA for its price. I cannot accept his price. He needs 2000 dollars for purchase and hundreds of dollars for freight, hundreds of dollars for maintenance hour