Author Topic: Which Headlight Guard  (Read 4971 times)

Online XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 T12 & 1995 D12
  • City / Town: County Kildare
Re: Which Headlight Guard
Reply #10 on: October 28, 2020, 10:13:08 PM
*Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne [+]
XCaTel, that’s new to me. I have this one as well, But it is screwed on! How can you push/pull it on and off?
As jannerman said, a firm tug. Once you do it once you get the feel for it. When putting them back on a little soapy water can help if you find them a bit tight. The whole screw assembly stays in, you are just pulling the whole assembly off the screws through the rubber grommets.
Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 10:16:39 PM by XCaTel

Online glenn389

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 2020 Tiger 1200 XCA
  • City / Town: Rawdon
Reply #11 on: October 29, 2020, 04:00:59 PM
I decided to refit the Triumph Headlight Protector now I've learnt it can easily be removed. I thought once fitted it was permanent. I used some silicone fluid that came with an Arai helmet to soften the rubber grommets, making it easier to pop on and off. Thanks for the heads up.

Offline TinnedBeans

• Explorer Member
  • City / Town: Stockport
Reply #12 on: October 29, 2020, 10:06:03 PM
When do you actually remove the guard? I am thinking of getting one as I have a tiny bit of crazing on the headlight so really don't want a hit off a stone. Is it at night when you would remove it?

Online jannerman

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2019 Tiger 1200 XRt
  • City / Town: Plymouth
Reply #13 on: October 29, 2020, 10:12:48 PM
Despite the warning printed on it, I only use my bike on road. I've never ridden without it day or night, the headlight seems pretty wonderful to me. I presume I'm not dazzling anyone because I've never been flashed by other motorists.

Online XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 T12 & 1995 D12
  • City / Town: County Kildare
Reply #14 on: October 31, 2020, 03:16:29 PM
*Originally Posted by TinnedBeans [+]
When do you actually remove the guard? I am thinking of getting one as I have a tiny bit of crazing on the headlight so really don't want a hit off a stone. Is it at night when you would remove it?
I only remove it when I wash the bike, which is not too often. :033:  I don't do a lot of night riding but if I was to for any extended period I think I would take it off so the headlight beam pattern was optimal, but as jannerman attests, it seems it's OK in that respect too. It probably doesn't meet certain regulations for a headlight and this is probably the reason why Triumph state "for off road use only".
Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 03:19:15 PM by XCaTel

Offline JG_XRT

• Explorer Pro
  • Up the Irons!
  • Bike: 2017 XRt
  • City / Town: Battle Creek, MI
Reply #15 on: November 03, 2020, 11:51:49 PM
I have the SW Motech guard.  Pops on and off very easily (not that I ever take it off).

You do have to be careful to not over tighten the screws that hold the lenses to the frame.

Solid, good-looking unit.
Silly Harley rider......Don't you know that Tigers eat hogs?