Author Topic: Corbin Seat  (Read 456 times)

Offline Simmo

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2019 1200 XRT White
  • City / Town: Reading
Corbin Seat
on: November 21, 2020, 01:43:13 PM
Hi All

I have my unheated leather Corbin seat for sale. This will fit all generations of 1200 Tiger/Explorer from 2012 to 2020. ===NOW SOLD===

I purchased it to overcome the unbelievably uncomfortable seat on my Gen1 and Gen2 bikes and found it to be everything I had hoped for!

As I've said it is leather, it's in good nick, and it's a very dark brown in colour (hope the piccie does it justice) and I'm looking for £250. Collection is preferred but, subject to finding a box big enough, parcel post could be arranged at cost. If interested, or have any questions, please PM me. Thanks   

Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:29:46 AM by Simmo
2019 Tiger 1200 XRT in White fitted with TPMS, Rox Anti-vibration Pivoting Risers, Skidmarx Rear Hugger, Palmer Bar End Weights, Grip Puppies, SW Motech Upper Engine Bars, Panniers and Tool Tube, and Givi Trekker Outback 58L Top Box.

Offline Simmo

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
Re: Corbin Seat
Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 09:15:49 AM
Hi All

As requested I'm posting a few more piccies. Cheers

Dave

2019 Tiger 1200 XRT in White fitted with TPMS, Rox Anti-vibration Pivoting Risers, Skidmarx Rear Hugger, Palmer Bar End Weights, Grip Puppies, SW Motech Upper Engine Bars, Panniers and Tool Tube, and Givi Trekker Outback 58L Top Box.

Offline Jarvis

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Explorer XCA
  • City / Town: Wellington, Somerset
Reply #2 on: November 24, 2020, 11:41:52 AM
Hi
Interested to know if it’s a standard height or lower height seat. How it changes the height from the original standard or lower seat. Currently have a Touratech low seat on mine. Not sure how the brown would do as currently have the Blue Explorer XCA 2016.

Offline Simmo

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 10:08:08 PM
Hi Jarvis

As standard I believe the Corbin seat sits the rider a little lower (about ½") but then it sits the rider a little further back by making use of the space that used to exist between the rider and pillion seats. The seat itself is also a little wider at the front.

Unlike the OEM rider seat there is no height adjustment.

I'm 6'3" with 33/34" inside leg and on my previous Gen1 & Gen2 bikes it was good for me. Cheers

Simmo

Offline Jarvis

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Explorer XCA
  • City / Town: Wellington, Somerset
Reply #4 on: November 28, 2020, 10:36:23 AM
Just sent you a PM

nonskid