Author Topic: Dealertool, fault codes, and 500 mile service.  (Read 2732 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

#30

Online T800XC

  • Explorer Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 1156
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
  • City / Town: English Riviera
  • Country: england
Re: Dealertool, fault codes, and 500 mile service.
Reply #30 on: November 29, 2020, 10:00:55 PM
*Originally Posted by Catman88 [+]
I contacted Dealertool and asked why their software says to adjust when other software says balanced with the same numbers, and this is the response I received.

"Our software prompts for adjustment if the values are more than 1kPa apart.
its your choice if you decide on wider values, but of course, bikes will run better if they are balanced.
As I've already said, NONE of the diagnostic software available (including Triumph's own) make any decisions or calculations about throttle balance or adjust status. They simply report the data provided by the ECU.

Regardless of which software you decide to use on your bike, they will ALL report the same balance data & status.
...Desire ends in satisfaction...

#31

Offline Catman88

  • Explorer Member
  • **
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 17
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XCA 2019
  • City / Town: Central California
  • Country: us
Re: Dealertool, fault codes, and 500 mile service.
Reply #31 on: November 30, 2020, 02:12:14 AM
*Originally Posted by T800XC [+]
As I've already said, NONE of the diagnostic software available (including Triumph's own) make any decisions or calculations about throttle balance or adjust status. They simply report the data provided by the ECU.

Regardless of which software you decide to use on your bike, they will ALL report the same balance data & status.

I have no idea one way or the other, I'm just posting the answer the company has provided me, be it right or wrong.  Please don't think for a second that I'm trying to challenge your opinion or knowledge because I'm in no position too.  I'm just wondering why Dealertool would say that, oh well it's all about gathering information and learning.  I do appreciate your opinion  :158:

#32

Offline CaptainTrips

  • Explorer God
  • *****
  • Posts: 5185
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
  • Country: ca
Re: Dealertool, fault codes, and 500 mile service.
Reply #32 on: November 30, 2020, 04:32:10 AM
*Originally Posted by Catman88 [+]
I have no idea one way or the other, I'm just posting the answer the company has provided me, be it right or wrong.  Please don't think for a second that I'm trying to challenge your opinion or knowledge because I'm in no position too.  I'm just wondering why Dealertool would say that, oh well it's all about gathering information and learning.  I do appreciate your opinion  :158:
It's more than an opinion. T800XC wrote the TigerTool by reverse-engineering the Triumph firmware. He has a better grasp of the inner workings than anyone else here.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

#33

Online T800XC

  • Explorer Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 1156
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
  • City / Town: English Riviera
  • Country: england
Re: Dealertool, fault codes, and 500 mile service.
Reply #33 on: November 30, 2020, 10:19:38 AM
*Originally Posted by Catman88 [+]
I have no idea one way or the other, I'm just posting the answer the company has provided me, be it right or wrong.  Please don't think for a second that I'm trying to challenge your opinion or knowledge because I'm in no position too.  I'm just wondering why Dealertool would say that, oh well it's all about gathering information and learning.  I do appreciate your opinion  :158:
No worries. I was trying to clarify some (IMO) slight misinformation in the message that you got from Dealertool. i.e. "Our software prompts for adjustment if the values are more than 1kPa apart."

Only the bike's ECU can make that call, but I'm still surprised that just 1kPa out in your images is showing as out of balance.
...Desire ends in satisfaction...

#34

Offline CaptainTrips

  • Explorer God
  • *****
  • Posts: 5185
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
  • Country: ca
Re: Dealertool, fault codes, and 500 mile service.
Reply #34 on: November 30, 2020, 05:26:29 PM
*Originally Posted by T800XC [+]
No worries. I was trying to clarify some (IMO) slight misinformation in the message that you got from Dealertool. i.e. "Our software prompts for adjustment if the values are more than 1kPa apart."

Only the bike's ECU can make that call, but I'm still surprised that just 1kPa out in your images is showing as out of balance.
I wonder if it has something to do with the granularity of kPa vs mmHg? If I want finer temperature control on a thermostat I switch from degrees C to F if the thermostat does not offer decimals.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

#35

Online T800XC

  • Explorer Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 1156
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
  • City / Town: English Riviera
  • Country: england
Re: Dealertool, fault codes, and 500 mile service.
Reply #35 on: November 30, 2020, 11:36:11 PM
*Originally Posted by CaptainTrips [+]
I wonder if it has something to do with the granularity of kPa vs mmHg?
I guess that's a possibility, with 1 kPa = 7.5 mmHg.

When asked, the bike's ECU only reports the pressure in kPa units but internally could be using mmHg so there could be some rounding effects.

...Desire ends in satisfaction...

#36

Offline Catman88

  • Explorer Member
  • **
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 17
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XCA 2019
  • City / Town: Central California
  • Country: us
Re: Dealertool, fault codes, and 500 mile service.
Reply #36 on: December 03, 2020, 11:52:18 PM
After a two hour ride it says adjust then it jumps to balanced.



 



nonskid