Author Topic: 2017 headlight lens needed. Is that a cover replacement or entire  (Read 579 times)

Offline flyingz06

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XCA
  • City / Town: Indiana
assembly.   mine has a crack.  thank you!

Offline Ollyreid

• Explorer Pro
  • Happiness is a bike called TEX....
  • Bike: Tr'Ex / T'Alp / VFR
  • City / Town: Warwickshire
Re: 2017 headlight lens needed. Is that a cover replacement or entir
Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 08:30:40 PM

Hi there,

I'm afraid flyingz06 that is going to be a full unit replacement.

Not too au fait with the 2017 model (I'm riding a 2012 - bought from new) but is it an LCD unit?  If so there are some replacements that are a little cheaper:

https://mattgeckoleds.com/shop/ols/products/led-headlight-triumph-tiger-800-1200

By the looks of it these only cover upto 2016 but try them and see if they cover a 2017, or have plans to.

When you do get it sorted, may I suggest a triumph headlight protector (an original T accessory).  I've had to get two now due to real strong stone chips, but far cheaper than a new headlight unit.

Along with this I know that secondhand spare ones are very rare in the UK, not sure what the secondhand parts market is like in the USA.  After a very quick look at EBAY USA there's a couple of aftermarket ones, but not too sure if they are what you want.

If you do manage to get it sorted and use an aftermarket part, or somehow manage to fix / replace the lens then please keep the forum updated as I'm sure this will not be the last time this happens to us Explorer riders....!

Good luck!

Olly   

Offline Will Morgan

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Ross on Wye
Reply #2 on: November 29, 2020, 11:27:14 PM
*Originally Posted by Ollyreid [+]
please keep the forum updated as I'm sure this will not be the last time this happens to us Explorer riders....!

:0461: In fact mine has a very small chip. It's hardly noticeable but I've been looking for a reasonably priced replacement without luck.

Offline flyingz06

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XCA
  • City / Town: Indiana
Reply #3 on: December 07, 2020, 01:38:44 AM
Is their an LED unit I could buy and plug in or is that not possible bc of wiring and voltage?

nonskid