Author Topic: Fitting a Alarm  (Read 624 times)

Offline Bigbits51

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • live life too the full ride safe
  • Bike: explorer xc
  • City / Town: Stirling
Fitting a Alarm
on: December 23, 2020, 02:45:59 PM
is it possible to fit a alarm to a explorer if it does not have one already fitted would like a datatol

Offline NorthumBryan

• Explorer Member
  • NorthumBryan
  • Bike: Tigger 1200 Alpine
  • City / Town: Northumberland
Re: Fitting a Alarm
Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 05:38:19 PM
In a nutshell yes. All the propriety alarms will be able to be fitted. Some are very complicated and unless you are a demon with electrics & soldering are best left to the professionals to install.
Talking bollocks since 1965...

Offline Will Morgan

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Ross on Wye
Reply #2 on: December 23, 2020, 06:08:43 PM
*Originally Posted by NorthumBryan [+]
In a nutshell yes. All the propriety alarms will be able to be fitted. Some are very complicated and unless you are a demon with electrics & soldering are best left to the professionals to install.

:0461: A badly fitted alarm is one way to guarantee electrical gremlins for years to come. I would just about trust a dealership to install an alarm to a bike brand they sell, or if you're getting a Datatool alarm one of their dealers or mobile installers. Otherwise I would be extremely wary of using anyone who isn't familiar with both the bike's electrical system AND has previous experience installing the particular alarm.

Offline TC

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: 900 800 1200
Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 04:50:29 PM
OR
don't fit an all singing all dancing alarm at all! You already have an immobiliser fitted why not just fit an independent tremble detector alarm?
This was suggested to me by a Triumph salesman and is what I have installed on both my Tigers one of which I have had since 2011. Just a thought but I have been all over Europe like this with the addition of good chain and lock, disc lock and cover. Happy Motorcycling
 :002: