Author Topic: MotoZ-gps tires  (Read 857 times)

Offline anaheimtex

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2014 Explorer xc
  • City / Town: anaheim
MotoZ-gps tires
on: January 05, 2021, 04:22:29 PM
Ive had some time to ride on the new tires.  The rear has about 2000 miles on it and the front now has around 300.  Both tires I spooned on and balanced with a Harbor Freight wheel balancer.  Yesterday I took a 120 mile loop which included some mountain twisties and 50 miles of freeway.  These tires are solid and you will definitely feel a difference when turning.  they are not road tires by any sort.   on the freeway i was in the 85-95 MPH range for extended distances and not a shake, vibration, or any road defect redirection.  No low speed wobble either.  If you like the Scout tires, you'll love these.  From the wear I'm getting from the rear, I am betting they will have a long life.
don't come to a cat forum saying you should have bought a dog.

Offline Jon

• Explorer God
  • Bike: 2012 TEX
  • City / Town: Harlan, Iowa
Re: MotoZ-gps tires
Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 05:21:56 PM
Do they handle & ride as well as radials?
Jon

Offline anaheimtex

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2014 Explorer xc
  • City / Town: anaheim
Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 06:10:55 PM
I don't know how to answer that.  They track well if that's what you mean.  They are "Heavier feeling" when I lay the bike over in turns.  I had a K76 tire before this one and the weight difference is significant.  heavier sidewall and thicker material.
don't come to a cat forum saying you should have bought a dog.

Offline Jon

• Explorer God
  • Bike: 2012 TEX
  • City / Town: Harlan, Iowa
Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 05:35:49 PM
Thanks for the reply. I've been tempted to try some bias tires just to get something with more aggressive tread without sacrificing too much tread wear or handling characteristics. I've had excellent results with the Shinko E705, but will probably go with something more aggressive next time. I'm just not sure whether to go with something like the Motoz, Heidenau, Mitas, etc, or stick with radials like Michelin Anakee Wild or Shinko E804-E805. I probably won't have to worry about it for a while if I don't put on any more miles than I have for the past couple of years...
Jon

Offline Dragon88

• Explorer Pro
  • City / Town: RTW
Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 12:34:57 AM
Aussie company. Probably the best mileage you will get from any tyre. Certainly a 50/50 one.