Author Topic: Troubling times  (Read 1482 times)

Online CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
Re: Troubling times
Reply #20 on: January 10, 2021, 06:01:21 PM
Thanks to the Internet and social media, a profile of the few hundred people who forced their way into the Capitol is emerging. I believe that many (most?) of them are extreme fringe actors, anarchists, and opportunists who have just glommed onto the Trump movement. For example, the guy carrying the confederate flag in the rotunda is a Canadian, l am ashamed to say. The people smashing and looting and taking selfies were not patriots. But they were enabled.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 T12 & 1995 D12
  • City / Town: County Kildare
Reply #21 on: January 10, 2021, 06:34:09 PM
Valid points all. I'll give it a rest, I am quite remote after all and just a bystander. Lets hope things improve. Back to bikes !  :306:  I'm sticking up a picture I took on my phone in the Wicklow mountains last year, the Sun was breaking through the cloud in a spectacular fashion at the time.

Online CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
Reply #22 on: January 10, 2021, 06:48:54 PM
*Originally Posted by XCaTel [+]
Valid points all. I'll give it a rest, I am quite remote after all and just a bystander. Lets hope things improve. Back to bikes !  :306:  I'm sticking up a picture I took on my phone in the Wicklow mountains last year, the Sun was breaking through the cloud in a spectacular fashion at the time.

That picture looks positively Biblical. I'll bet there was a chorus of angels singing in the background when you took it.  :001:
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline Phil

• Explorer Pro
  • Phil
  • Bike: 2015 Explorer
  • City / Town: Pulborough
Reply #23 on: January 10, 2021, 07:20:09 PM
 :464:

Much more wholesome than politics!

Phil  :152:

Online daveh

• Explorer Member