Author Topic: Hi New member in Cornwall  (Read 780 times)

Offline Jason_242

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Triumph Explorer XCa
  • City / Town: Cornwall
Hi New member in Cornwall
on: January 18, 2021, 10:40:46 PM
Hi all I joined this evening Monday 18th January 2021, my names Jason (No Argonauts) I'm self employed Knocking on the door of 50 (in fact the keys in the lock)
Former Triumph Sprint RS 955 owner who has decided to get back in the saddle and do some touring back up country to visit family and friends following a move to Cornwall nearly 2 years ago..
Loved my RS but the roads and my hometown limited use so sold it years ago
Cornwall is a beautiful part of the country a great area to explore and of course have friends all the way up country to visit too.
My new TEX is a 2017 XCa (Think its classed as the 2nd edition?) in Blue and I bought it blind from a Honda dealer in the South East ...  :005:  :112: Its a one owner with a full dealer history and its Blue and that's all I know until Thursday or Friday this week when it will be delivered  :046: :152:
It looks big and beautiful in the photo's and video so fingers crossed.
For the record and a newbie to this forum, I'm 50 in February and this is my present to myself   (misses isn't pleased but my 8 year old daughter has had me buy her some bike gear so she can come out with me)
Looking forward to the end of the week and hopefully getting a ride out  :005:
Anyway that's me,
I will be adding Datatool alarm to it in the near future other than that its got fogs full luggage a dam big engine and apparently an electric screen :027:
Keep safe everyone and hope to chat with anyone who wants to tell me the good bad and the ugly on my TEX
(pictures to follow)

Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 10:45:23 PM by Jason_242

Offline Phil

• Explorer Pro
  • Phil
  • Bike: 2015 Explorer
  • City / Town: Pulborough
Re: Hi New member in Cornwall
Reply #1 on: January 19, 2021, 09:38:12 AM
 :401:

Hi Jason, welcome aboard! 
This forum is a gold mine for good advice, tips etc.

Hope you enjoy using it, and of course hope you enjoy owning and riding your Tiger. 

Phil  :152:

Offline NorthumBryan

• Explorer Pro
  • NorthumBryan
  • Bike: Tigger 1200 Alpine
  • City / Town: Northumberland
Reply #2 on: January 19, 2021, 01:10:04 PM
Welcome aboard the forum from the opposite end of England ! Enjoy the new bike when it arrives  :467:
Talking bollocks since 1965...

Offline XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 T12 & 1995 D12
  • City / Town: County Kildare
Reply #3 on: January 19, 2021, 03:13:47 PM
 :401: from Ireland, enjoy the new wheels!

Offline bazthebike

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: xcx 17/blue
  • City / Town: southwest
Reply #4 on: January 19, 2021, 03:33:47 PM
Hi and welcome. recommend you fit upper crash bars asap if not already fitted.( Dont ask how i know). I have gen 2 xcx with extras, done 20,000 miles and never missed a beat. You do have some good roads to play on.

Offline Jason_242

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
Reply #5 on: January 19, 2021, 04:11:33 PM
*Originally Posted by bazthebike [+]
Hi and welcome. recommend you fit upper crash bars asap if not already fitted.( Dont ask how i know). I have gen 2 xcx with extras, done 20,000 miles and never missed a beat. You do have some good roads to play on.

Any particular reason ? its got the lower ones on already

Offline Chippy4467

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Midsomer Norton
Reply #6 on: January 19, 2021, 04:50:15 PM
Hi & welcome from Somerset

Any particular reason ? its got the lower ones on already

Agree wholeheartedly - think its called the SAD club (stopped & dropped).  Mine rolled off side side as I walked away (thought it was in gear but obviously not).  Certainly saves the plastics and your wallet if the worst were to happen.  I've got SW Motech uppers but search upper crash bars on here there are a few others - think HEED are probably more robust
Chippy

Dream big, get things done and change the world
No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.......

Offline Jason_242

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
Reply #7 on: January 19, 2021, 05:02:51 PM
*Originally Posted by Chippy4467 [+]
Hi & welcome from Somerset

Agree wholeheartedly - think its called the SAD club (stopped & dropped).  Mine rolled off side side as I walked away (thought it was in gear but obviously not).  Certainly saves the plastics and your wallet if the worst were to happen.  I've got SW Motech uppers but search upper crash bars on here there are a few others - think HEED are probably more robust

Been looking at the SW Motech...have heard a few people say the TEX like's to throw itself  on the floor  :087:
I agree its a consideration and may save in the long run just not sure if I like the look of them...

Offline CraptainC

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Gen3 XCa
  • City / Town: Chester
Reply #8 on: January 19, 2021, 05:20:39 PM
 :401: from Chester 
Cornwall holds fond memories for me... although its been a few years since I visited - should be some fine rides on your doorstep  :467: 

*Originally Posted by bazthebike [+]

Completely agree with this - I found out the hard way when a stalled in first gear doing a slow speed maneuver while standing up  :087:   surprising how quickly it goes over once the back wheel locks-up  :005:

Enjoy the forum
Cheers
CC

Online jannerman

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2019 Tiger 1200 XRt
  • City / Town: Plymouth
Reply #9 on: January 19, 2021, 05:24:55 PM
Get the uppers as well, they pay for themselves if it ever even topples over. Plus they look quite discreet for the protection they provide  :002: