Author Topic: Hill Hold Assist retro -fit/programme  (Read 885 times)

Offline GreatScot

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
  • City / Town: Alba
Hill Hold Assist retro -fit/programme
on: February 02, 2021, 04:11:37 PM
Hi all.  I'm considering buying an ALPINE SE 2020 model.  Quick question for all you informed owners out there!  I have one dealer telling me they can programme in Hill Hold when they PDi the bike.  Another tells me it cannot be done!

Has anyone had this fitted/programmed on Gen 3 model which does not come with it from factory?  Any info. and experiences greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Offline Henno61

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: 2019 XCA
  • City / Town: Norfolk
Re: Hill Hold Assist retro -fit/programme
Reply #1 on: February 03, 2021, 01:30:13 AM
Just looked at the Triumph website and it states hillhold assist new standard feature for 2021 on Alpine edition 🤷‍♂️
So maybe you need to order new factory build an not old stock🤔

Offline NorthumBryan

• Explorer Pro
  • NorthumBryan
  • Bike: Tigger 1200 Alpine
  • City / Town: Northumberland
Reply #2 on: February 03, 2021, 08:05:57 AM
I have a 2020 Alpine and I believe it came as standard ? Too wet, cold & horrible here to find out however...
Talking bollocks since 1965...

Offline GreatScot

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
  • City / Town: Alba
Reply #3 on: February 03, 2021, 06:54:02 PM
Thanks to you both gents for reply.

One dealer I am chatting with has confirmed it can be done, just a software program effectively.  I know it's a personal preference capability but I find it very useful on a fully laden bike, two up.  Even riding solo if you are on a fairly steep junction it is handy, at least to me.

All I need to do is actually buy a bike!  I'm slightly letting all the comments on top heaviness and the management of the bike when pushing it around or manoeuvring  it on uneven ground etc make me ponder.  It is not like I've not had large machines before.  The K1600GTL (with no reverse gear) was pretty top heavy and a handful around all the above mentioned.  Just don't want the bike to be hard work.  I appreciate it loses all the weight when the wheels are rolling but I still want to be comfortable and relaxed with it on day long tours through built up areas two up with luggage etc.

Decisions decisions ....... :015:
Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 06:59:05 PM by GreatScot

Online Saulius

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: TEX
  • City / Town: Jonava
Reply #4 on: February 28, 2021, 03:31:04 PM
Alpine without hill hold assist., That’s good English humor.
When I bought my own, the English dealer said it was not possible to activate this feature. I called some of the nearest dealers and they said - no problem. We have programs and it will cost you about 100 euros.

Offline KenW

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger 1200 XRt
  • City / Town: Adelaide
Reply #5 on: February 28, 2021, 07:57:18 PM
*Originally Posted by GreatScot [+]
Decisions decisions ....... :015:
Many of us on this forum resolved the uncertainty with a test ride.  (You will need to take money arrangements.)

If dealers can retro-fit hill hold, then seems to me they should be able to chuck it in for free as a sweetener.

nonskid