Author Topic: Footpegs  (Read 974 times)

Offline z3406

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2017 Explorer XCA
  • City / Town: Pensacola
Footpegs
on: February 08, 2021, 04:07:55 PM
I'm having an issue with the foot pegs of my XCA trying to grab my pants legs when I put my foot down when I come to a stop. The pegs are the metal serrated ones. Anyone know if the non serrated passenger pegs fit the operators position?

Online XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 T12 & 1995 D12
  • City / Town: County Kildare
Re: Footpegs
Reply #1 on: February 10, 2021, 12:05:19 AM
Yes, they will be a direct swap but bicycle clips will be cheaper. :164:

Offline z3406

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
Reply #2 on: February 10, 2021, 01:08:41 AM
Thanks for the reply. My riding pants fit outside my riding boots and have velcro straps to make sure its a tight fit around the boots. The sharp nature of the metal foot pegs want to try and grab end of the pants, just don't think the bicycle clips will do any good on my riding pants.
Also can't get much cheaper that just moving the pegs already on the biker around.
Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 01:10:44 AM by z3406

Offline Chippy4467

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Midsomer Norton
Reply #3 on: February 10, 2021, 10:34:00 AM
believe the Rubbers for the Tiger 800 pegs may fit directly to those pegs (T2085111)  They certainly fitted my Gen1
Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 10:41:14 AM by Chippy4467
Chippy

Dream big, get things done and change the world
No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.......

Online XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 T12 & 1995 D12
  • City / Town: County Kildare
Reply #4 on: February 10, 2021, 12:16:00 PM
*Originally Posted by z3406 [+]
Thanks for the reply. My riding pants fit outside my riding boots and have velcro straps to make sure its a tight fit around the boots. The sharp nature of the metal foot pegs want to try and grab end of the pants, just don't think the bicycle clips will do any good on my riding pants.

Ah yes of course, I was only messing. I wear textile pants over my boots and have the XCa but it is something that has only happened occasionally to me. Over the years (3) I think they have worn a little making them less grabby. You could throw over a temporary piece of bicycle inner tube to take the edge off them until you can swap them out.
Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 12:20:42 PM by XCaTel

Offline z3406

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
Reply #5 on: February 10, 2021, 04:20:41 PM
 Thanks again
Just ordered a set of those footpeg covers

Offline Chippy4467

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Midsomer Norton
Reply #6 on: February 10, 2021, 05:35:51 PM
I wear textile pants over my boots and have the XCa but it is something that has only happened occasionally to me.
Happens more often than you might think - happened to me a couple of times on Suzuki DL650 which has rubbers on the pegs, and had somebody drop a Triumph Sprint ST in front of me at a junction for very same reason - textiles caught on peg.  think once you realise its an issue you can compensate for as you put your feet down
Chippy

Dream big, get things done and change the world
No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.......

Online CraptainC

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Gen3 XCa
  • City / Town: Chester
Reply #7 on: February 10, 2021, 06:24:46 PM
*Originally Posted by z3406 [+]
I'm having an issue with the foot pegs of my XCA trying to grab my pants legs when I put my foot down when I come to a stop. The pegs are the metal serrated ones. Anyone know if the non serrated passenger pegs fit the operators position?

I've also done something similar a few times with the pillion pegs when dismounting, as use the rider pegs for climbing on/off as hips don't work as well as they used to :006:  but not had any problems when putting feet down as coming to a stop. I was even thinking about removing the pillion pegs as mostly ride solo.... but don't think this would work as well with the rider pegs  :008: