Author Topic: 40,000 done today by Muddysump  (Read 940 times)

Offline mjab

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Red Explorer
  • City / Town: Near Portsmouth
40,000 done today by Muddysump
on: February 08, 2021, 07:38:49 PM
40000 mile service done today by David. How he managed it in sub zero temperatures is beyond me. I popped out now and then with tea and he was happy enough.
Travelled from Cornwall to do two bikes down here Sunday and Monday and left me heading to south west London. Non covid times and I'd have offered him and Kenny (his dog) the spare room for the night and a hot meal.

Everything done apart from fork oil and I had that done 18 months ago. Rear pads were right down so replaced but fronts have plenty. All valves were within tolerances (17000 miles since last check) and no shims required. Last time only one was needed. Also had coolant and brake/ clutch fluids changed as it was the interval time this year.

David was pleased with how all the fluids looked when drained including the oil.

He is also fully booked until July 

4 wheels move the body
2 wheels move the soul

Offline TinnedBeans

• Explorer Member
  • City / Town: Stockport
Re: 40,000 done today by Muddysump
Reply #1 on: February 08, 2021, 10:35:14 PM
This muddy Sump guy fully deserves the great reputation he has. He's such a nice chap, very unassuming and just gets on with his work. I am welcoming him back in June for the 30,000 mile service on the bike.

Offline marrios1963

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: Tiger Explorer XRX
  • City / Town: SALTBURN-BY-THE-SEA
Reply #2 on: February 13, 2021, 04:21:52 PM
10k service done by David this afternoon in N Yorks. Last job before he returns home. Tidy job and well priced. Very happy.

Offline Hotbaws

• Explorer Member
  • Hotbaws
  • Bike: 2016 XRX
Reply #3 on: April 07, 2021, 04:58:41 PM
I've just sent David an email today to enquire about my 10k service, mines is a 2016 LRH which I noticed he had 'low models not covered' on his website but I've got a modified centre stand so hopefully he'll do the service.

Offline mjab

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Red Explorer
  • City / Town: Near Portsmouth
Reply #4 on: April 07, 2021, 08:02:55 PM
*Originally Posted by Hotbaws [+]
I've just sent David an email today to enquire about my 10k service, mines is a 2016 LRH which I noticed he had 'low models not covered' on his website but I've got a modified centre stand so hopefully he'll do the service.

David will reply but depending on where he is it may take a couple of days
4 wheels move the body
2 wheels move the soul

nonskid