Author Topic: new tiger 1200 with some problems ...  (Read 6025 times)

Offline KenW

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger 1200 XRt
  • City / Town: Adelaide
Re: new tiger 1200 with some problems ...
Reply #20 on: March 13, 2021, 09:46:09 PM
I hope you meant nothing to lose, pcarnut.
Anyone would think you are American!

Offline Bluto2013

• Explorer Member
  • Living the Dream, baby!
  • Bike: TigerEx1200 2013
  • City / Town: Kinshasa
Reply #21 on: March 13, 2021, 11:31:16 PM
Finally, I found the "English Language Police-Guy"! :047: :047: :046: :152:

Knew this forum was dominated by Brits, and I am happy about that.  Triumph make awesome machines. If you think Triumph badge means a lot to Brits, you should check out the NA sales numbers. Live for the day of riding my Bluto to a meet and sharing the UK love.

Also, knew that someday I would have to deal with a nitwit who thinks the English language stopped changing in 1880. :087:

"loose" v "lose" is a typo.  Auto correct doesn't catch it.  And if you think that is an "Americanism"? You need to be shot off your high horse. Or, 'hoye hawse'?
Is Midlands most proper, or Oxford? You tell me, expert-trained in language-guy.

Keep it real, Bro.

(P.S. love this forum, love KenW :431:!  Language and pronunciation police drive me batty, and I hope I caught you on a bad day.)
(P.P.S should KenW's and my comments be moved to another part of the forum?  Feel free.)
(P.P.P.S.  Will I get banned from this forum for suggesting, metaphorically, that gun violence is an option??  If it matters, I was picturing a red coat Colonel, and a musket.  Not an AR-10 with glass and KenW on his Explorer 'steed' riding the M-6.   Ok?  :008:)
Bluto2013

Offline pcarnut

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Tiger 1200
  • City / Town: Carlsbad
Reply #22 on: March 13, 2021, 11:46:25 PM
*Originally Posted by KenW [+]
I hope you meant nothing to lose, pcarnut.
Anyone would think you are American!
Whatevr do you meen?   :008:
Actuelly I are Britesh, jist hppn to lve in tha US.   :001:
2018 T12, 2014 TEx, 2011 1050

Online CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
Reply #23 on: March 14, 2021, 01:08:00 AM
As a Canadian, I am a loss leader with nothing too loose.  :464:
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline Bluto2013

• Explorer Member
  • Living the Dream, baby!
  • Bike: TigerEx1200 2013
  • City / Town: Kinshasa
Reply #24 on: March 14, 2021, 01:39:57 AM
Loose the attitude, Boys! :745:
Bluto2013

Online CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
Reply #25 on: March 14, 2021, 02:27:47 AM
We are all just a bunch of f loosers.  :038:
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline KenW

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger 1200 XRt
  • City / Town: Adelaide
Reply #26 on: March 14, 2021, 06:51:03 AM
*Originally Posted by Bluto2013 [+]
"loose" v "lose" is a typo.  Auto correct doesn't catch it.  And if you think that is an "Americanism"? You need to be shot off your high horse. Or, 'hoye hawse'?
Is Midlands most proper, or Oxford? You tell me, expert-trained in language-guy.
Keep it real, Bro.
Hi Bluto.  Two points: I mention "American" partly as a stir, (hooked one at least), and partly because the lose/loose misspelling is chiefly done by Americans in my experience of forums and Farcebook, and I despair that they actually think the two words are either interchangeable, or the meaning of "lose" is spelled as "loose".
As for Midlands vs Oxford, the difference is probably accent rather than spelling.  But not being a UK resident, I wouldn't know.

"Real" is saying clearly what you mean, so that others know what it is you mean.  English is such a confusing and sound-alike but mean-different, or sound-different but spelled the same, type of language, that one has to be careful with it, when using it on a forum, where the clues of context, facial expression, possibility of a quick 'eh?' aren't available.

I've said it before, and I'll say it here again, IMHO quick and dirty posts where the poster doesn't care to correct blatant errors, or sows confusion, are an insult to the other forum members.
I don't include typos in that.  Anyone can accidentally insert a typo.  I've certainly done it, and most do at some time.

I'll get off my soapbox now.  But I reserve the right to do a bit of stirring occasionally.  Readers can work out for themselves whether to take offence or not.

Offline Johnnieblack

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 xcx 2019
  • City / Town: ΑΘΗΝΑ
Reply #27 on: March 14, 2021, 11:35:46 AM
Hi all , first things first i dont know how to do it or work on the bike with the tools i dont have . Maybe i will change tyres and if the problem persist i will talk with my dealer again ...

Online CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
Reply #28 on: March 14, 2021, 11:45:45 AM
My favorite misspelling in vehicle forums is 'breaks' instead of 'brakes'. I've also been been scolded once or twice for having 'tires' on my bike rather than 'tyres', though not seriously. I think that the first casualty of the great pandemic of 2019 was our collective sense of humour :038:

Online CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
Reply #29 on: March 14, 2021, 11:48:47 AM
*Originally Posted by Johnnieblack [+]
Hi all , first things first i dont know how to do it or work on the bike with the tools i dont have . Maybe i will change tyres and if the problem persist i will talk with my dealer again ...
Sometimes you do have to be persistent with dealers. It is your money, after all. Tell them you are not happy.