Author Topic: new tiger 1200 with some problems ...  (Read 6021 times)

Offline KenW

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger 1200 XRt
  • City / Town: Adelaide
Re: new tiger 1200 with some problems ...
Reply #40 on: June 24, 2021, 03:09:27 AM
*Originally Posted by Evanrc [+]
Seeing these comments I realise that I haven't seen the warning for some months now.  I don't carry the key in any way differently from the past.
Likewise.  Wonder why.
I have always carried the key in exactly the same place, Draggin jeans cargo pants left leg pocket.  (Creature of habit, so I usually know where things are.)

Offline FrenchTiger

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 2018
  • City / Town: Lyon
Reply #41 on: July 17, 2021, 08:55:20 PM
Hello all,
From my own experience with my XRX 1200 2018 the key fob out of range appeared only once and I put a Duracell battery as recommended. No issue since then but if I start the bike and move farer than 0,8m (not sure, just for info) the warning comes.
Otherwise, regarding wooble, I had when I asked motorbike accessories shop to install and balanced a Metzeler Tourance next front tire that was not marked for Triumph (don't remember the letter)
Then I ordered a well marked tire and balanced myself and ... nomore wooble : no comments.
Enjoy !
Good evening
Frenchtiger

Offline Daddy-O

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRX
Reply #42 on: August 04, 2021, 04:59:38 PM
The key fob on many bikes (mine is 2019 1200 XRX) is quite buggy with the RF wave easily disturbed I have found especially with metal between the fob and the  receiving unit on the left side of the bike.  My solution was to Velcro the back of the key fob to the inside of my saddle bag, eyeballing a straight shot to the receiver and the position on the inside of the bag with as little metal as possible in the path to the receiver.  I have not gotten the "key out of range" error message since in over 500 miles of riding.  Also, it's not that much trouble removing the key from the inside of the bag and shutting it off (red) when going for food or leaving the bike for an extended time.  Takes about the same amount of time as fishing the key in and out of your pocket.  The Velcro stick worked for me, maybe for you too.

Online CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
Reply #43 on: August 05, 2021, 04:26:29 PM
I can't wait for the Triumph implant. Small capsule implanted under the skin in the web between thumb and first finger.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Online sirsidneyrd

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: X12-Laverda Jota
  • City / Town: Cotswolds
Reply #44 on: August 05, 2021, 04:45:31 PM
would need to be programmable or it might be quite painful when you change bike
Tiffen - splendid idea - in the lunge

Offline jannerman

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2019 Tiger 1200 XRt
  • City / Town: Plymouth
Reply #45 on: August 05, 2021, 04:57:35 PM
*Originally Posted by CaptainTrips [+]
I can't wait for the Triumph implant. Small capsule implanted under the skin in the web between thumb and first finger.

I can think of a lot worse places! :005:

Online CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
Reply #46 on: August 05, 2021, 10:07:18 PM
*Originally Posted by jannerman [+]
I can think of a lot worse places! :005:
:745:
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Online CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
Reply #47 on: August 05, 2021, 10:10:49 PM
*Originally Posted by sirsidneyrd [+]
would need to be programmable or it might be quite painful when you change bike
Should be able to add devices to it wirelessly. Unless T decides to make it proprietary.

BTW this technology exists to prevent guns from being fired by anyone but their owner.