Author Topic: Triumph Explorer Alarm.  (Read 668 times)

Offline 636mick

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: triumph explorer
  • City / Town: Daventry
Triumph Explorer Alarm.
on: March 27, 2021, 09:31:41 PM
I know few people like alarms but my bike sits outside with a cover on, it won’t fit through the garden gate, so, mistrusting as I am I need a Triumph alarm to fit a 2015 gen 1 Explorer.  Anyone got one they want to sell??
I’m in the Midlands, happy to pay postage obviously or meet up if anything is offered nearby.
Cheers all
Thanks
Mick.
Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 08:30:13 PM by 636mick
Playing in the traffic on the M1.

Offline 636mick

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
Re: Triumph Explorer Alarm.
Reply #1 on: April 06, 2021, 08:30:56 PM
Still looking, found some crash bars but still need an alarm,
Cheers
Mick

Offline Hax

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: '19 XRX
  • City / Town: Aberdeenshire
Reply #2 on: April 07, 2021, 08:10:24 AM
£300 new?
https://triumphdirect.co.uk/alarm-kit---thatcham-approved-4-1768-p.asp

Don't think many people fitted them and anyone who has is only removing if it has started to play up  :084:

Offline 636mick

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #3 on: April 07, 2021, 04:34:55 PM
I know I’ve seen them for £150 in online sales, but nothing at the moment. TBH, from experience of a previous Triumph/Datatool alarm I know I shouldn’t but although I’ve got a camera pointing at the bike and car I want an audible alert if the scrotes come calling. Might wake up in time to react.
The other idea I’m toying with is a Monimoto tracker. Looks good, reasonable price, anyone used one?? I know, wrong forum section but thought I would ask.
Cheers
Mick

Offline Hawkeye

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: XRx Low (Sold)
  • City / Town: Billericay
Reply #5 on: April 07, 2021, 06:27:39 PM
*Originally Posted by 636mick [+]
I know I’ve seen them for £150 in online sales, but nothing at the moment. TBH, from experience of a previous Triumph/Datatool alarm I know I shouldn’t but although I’ve got a camera pointing at the bike and car I want an audible alert if the scrotes come calling. Might wake up in time to react.
The other idea I’m toying with is a Monimoto tracker. Looks good, reasonable price, anyone used one?? I know, wrong forum section but thought I would ask.
Cheers
Mick

Yep I have the Monimoto MM6 fitted to mine, really very happy with it, the only thing I would say though is that the fob has a 150' radius, so you need a Faraday pouch to put it in when you park the bike up at home. I was in the garage just the other week - without the keys or fob - and just happened to nudge my bike, next minute my phone is going off telling me about movement. The only other thing it relies on of course is you having your phone on to react to its advisories about your alarm.

Offline 636mick

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #6 on: April 07, 2021, 07:49:58 PM
Thanks both, that alarm will do what I want so looking into it. Monimoto looks promising, delving deeper into it tonight, much appreciated both, thank you.
Mick

Offline XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 T12 & 1995 D12
  • City / Town: County Kildare
Reply #7 on: April 08, 2021, 10:47:14 AM
Off Topic a bit I know  :431:

Monimoto is great for faired bikes like ours, you want to bury it in a panel with some foam where it cannot be seen or removed easily. My first set of Panasonic batteries lasted about 9 months, second set of cheaper batteries last just five so don't skimp on the batteries, they are not dear to start with. Faraday bags are a great idea for the fobs and I use those too. The fobs they sell now use a larger coin style battery so last much longer than the older fobs, a good improvement.

A tip if you lose your fobs or cannot remember where you hid them. When you get your monimoto and have it setup load an App on your phone called nRF Connect and scan for your monimoto keyfob, have only one in range at a time. Each device has a unique code, Monimoto keyfob codes start with mk.xxxx. Write down the last few digits of that code and stick it on the keyfob. Do the same with any other monimoto keyfobs. Now If you lose your fobs (and the battery is still up) you can walk around the house, work or wherever else you  stash keyfobs and find them again. It's like a treasure hunt! I have the brain of a Goldfish and this has saved me a few times now.

Offline 636mick

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #8 on: April 08, 2021, 11:29:04 AM
That is brilliant advice, thanks very much. I’m the same, goldfish brain, so I’m bound to lose it at some point!!
Cheers
Mick.

nonskid