Author Topic: TRIUMPH EXPLORER GEN2 XCX BLUE 2017  (Read 1430 times)

Offline bazthebike

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: xcx 17/blue
  • City / Town: southwest
TRIUMPH EXPLORER GEN2 XCX BLUE 2017
on: April 22, 2021, 04:42:54 PM
Hi all, i am offering for sale my 2017(67 reg) gen2 explorer xcx .lucerne blue. 21,000 miles. Big valve service was completed november 2020 along with mot. I have owned the bike from new. reason for reluctant sale is im 67 with 28" inside seam and struggle moving bike when stationary. Bike can be purchased as completely standard or with all the extras i have added. These include fork protectors,fog lights, mudguard extender,arrow exhaust, ally panniers,(2x37ltres), puig hugger, heated seats,headlight protector, sat nav mount,swing arm protector. tyres are avon trailriders. mot till nov 21. With all the listed extras £7995. message me here initially or email barrycroberts@live.com

Offline bazthebike

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
Re: TRIUMPH EXPLORER GEN2 XCX BLUE 2017
Reply #1 on: May 07, 2021, 06:25:58 PM
Is this over priced ?.

Offline Bruce Wayne

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XCA
  • City / Town: Winterswijk
Reply #2 on: May 07, 2021, 07:35:22 PM
I don’t think so but everybody is riding and haven’t seen your offer yet :062:

Offline mjab

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Red Explorer
  • City / Town: Near Portsmouth
Reply #3 on: May 07, 2021, 07:43:13 PM
*Originally Posted by bazthebike [+]
Is this over priced ?.
Most on here already own a tiger so only the lurkers might be interested.
As for the price, have you done a we buy any bike quote? That will be the worst case scenario but gives you the base figure for your year and mileage then its the add on of the extras and how much you think they are worth and what you are prepared to accept for them.

I'm in the same boat as I'm contemplating selling mine but I know the part ex will be minimal as they will send it to auction and it has far too many irreversible extras on it to sell it for minimum price.
4 wheels move the body
2 wheels move the soul

Offline bazthebike

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
Reply #4 on: May 09, 2021, 09:32:17 AM
Hi mjab, we buy any bike offered £4,350 and a few days later revised offer to £6,500. That would be as standard without extras. I value all the extras approx £1,000 at very reasonable prices, so maybe total around £7,500. Would prefer to sell with all extras. Well the 900gt is coming this week and im struggling for space! My other half would like to keep both bikes. I just struggle when wheeling it around.

Offline mjab

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Red Explorer
  • City / Town: Near Portsmouth
Reply #5 on: May 10, 2021, 07:47:22 PM
*Originally Posted by bazthebike [+]
Hi mjab, we buy any bike offered £4,350 and a few days later revised offer to £6,500. That would be as standard without extras. I value all the extras approx £1,000 at very reasonable prices, so maybe total around £7,500. Would prefer to sell with all extras. Well the 900gt is coming this week and im struggling for space! My other half would like to keep both bikes. I just struggle when wheeling it around.

that's a good price and a lot more than a Triumph dealer offered me for my 2015 last year.
Try these guys as well www.motorbikevaluation.com and see if they will go higher
4 wheels move the body
2 wheels move the soul

nonskid