Author Topic: Gerbing heated gear - UK  (Read 954 times)

Offline Hax

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: '19 XRX
  • City / Town: Aberdeenshire
Gerbing heated gear - UK
on: May 05, 2021, 02:40:32 PM
After a rather cold weekend I've bit the bullet and got some heated gear   :034:
Wanted a pair of gloves and waistcoat so went for these:
https://gerbing.co.uk/collections/motorcycle-heated-gloves/products/gerbing-xrl-heated-motorcycle-glove
https://gerbing.co.uk/collections/gerbing-heated-jackets-gerbing-trousers/products/gerbing-heated-motorcycle-vest-liner-with-microwirepro%C2%AE
Read this first: https://www.motorcyclenews.com/advice/best/heated-gloves/

Waistcoat comes with a single controller for the jacket (free - if ordered direct) that would require a second connection to the bike for the gloves.
Gave them a call, spoke to a lad who swapped the controller to the digital one (so gloves also then plug into the one controller) then also took 15% off for the call.  :152:

Moral of the story, it still pays to make a call  :821:

Offline XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 T12 & 1995 D12
  • City / Town: County Kildare
Re: Gerbing heated gear - UK
Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 10:40:10 PM
I have used a Keis heated waistcoat and heated inner gloves for a few years now. One of my better buys and they really extend the riding season. Those sunny, dry, winter days are enjoyable with a bit of heated kit. Sounds like you got a good deal from Gerbing and I think their cable connection system is a little better than the Keis system.

Offline Stillwobbling

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer XCa 2017
  • City / Town: EastMids
Reply #2 on: May 06, 2021, 08:40:13 AM
I have the gloves and aside from them being nice and warm when switched on, they are also superb gloves fullstop. I did have the wired system but got hacked off with it and converted the battery option. Much better. I also have a pair of the heated liner gloves but my hands are so big that I can't find gloves big enough to go over the liners! So I've not used them. Shame because they are really neat and hotter then the full gloves actually.

Offline Chippy4467

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Midsomer Norton
Reply #3 on: May 06, 2021, 09:24:11 AM
I have the gloves and aside from them being nice and warm when switched on, they are also superb gloves fullstop.

Agree - I have them as well and when I was commuting they were my go to winter gloves regardless of whether I turned them on or not
Chippy

Dream big, get things done and change the world
No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.......

Offline Hax

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: '19 XRX
  • City / Town: Aberdeenshire
Reply #4 on: May 06, 2021, 04:19:45 PM
*Originally Posted by Chippy4467 [+]

Agree - I have them as well and when I was commuting they were my go to winter gloves regardless of whether I turned them on or not

Sounds like I've made a good call for once  :008: