Author Topic: Triumph Sat Nav system changed  (Read 844 times)

Offline mjab

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Red Explorer
  • City / Town: Near Portsmouth
Triumph Sat Nav system changed
on: June 01, 2021, 08:26:07 PM
Dont know if anyone else has picked up on this but Triumph seem to have ditched their in clocks sat nav system for this

https://www.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk/accessories/triumph-beeline

I have a friend who had the beeline system and he described it as worse than useless.
Not something I'll be looking to install on a future bike.

4 wheels move the body
2 wheels move the soul

Offline CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
Re: Triumph Sat Nav system changed
Reply #1 on: June 01, 2021, 08:34:49 PM
*Originally Posted by mjab [+]
Dont know if anyone else has picked up on this but Triumph seem to have ditched their in clocks sat nav system for this

https://www.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk/accessories/triumph-beeline

I have a friend who had the beeline system and he described it as worse than useless.
Not something I'll be looking to install on a future bike.
Perhaps it is aimed at the twins, that do not have TFT dashes?
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline mjab

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Red Explorer
  • City / Town: Near Portsmouth
Reply #2 on: June 01, 2021, 08:46:43 PM
*Originally Posted by CaptainTrips [+]
Perhaps it is aimed at the twins, that do not have TFT dashes?

I'm sure one of the twins had the in clock system over the last couple of years but unsure which one.

4 wheels move the body
2 wheels move the soul

Offline chris1982

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRX
  • City / Town: Harrogate
Reply #3 on: June 02, 2021, 07:35:48 PM
It looks like a useful (if you need it) accessory for the smaller twins mostly, or older bikes that can't have the sat-nav through their dash/clocks. I thought about it for a few minutes, then remembered that I have very little need for any navigation device currently as I know most of the biking routes around the North and I might only need it for a trip to the continent, which is a year away at the earliest.

For me, I would also expect it to only have a short lifespan, as I expect that my next bike will have that functionality built in to the dash, the next gen 1200 will have it, as do all the current competitors with their own systems.

Offline TinnedBeans

• Explorer Member
  • City / Town: Stockport
Reply #4 on: June 02, 2021, 09:07:58 PM
I got an email from total triumph about this. Deleted email but I recall it isn't a replacement for anything, it's a Beeline that hipsters are buying anyway so Triumph spotting an opportunity to sell stuff, "tat", so you can make your Triumph your own. It looks wanting as a navigation system, but when did utility enter into it?

Online XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 T12 & 1995 D12
  • City / Town: County Kildare
Reply #5 on: June 03, 2021, 06:54:22 PM
*Originally Posted by TinnedBeans [+]
I got an email from total triumph about this. Deleted email but I recall it isn't a replacement for anything, it's a Beeline that hipsters are buying anyway so Triumph spotting an opportunity to sell stuff, "tat", so you can make your Triumph your own. It looks wanting as a navigation system, but when did utility enter into it?

I got the same mail from Triumph, would I buy one and how much would I pay, I said €50, it is pretty limited piece of kit.

Offline RazBlue

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 Alpine Ed
  • City / Town: Basingstoke
Reply #6 on: June 07, 2021, 08:50:53 PM
I believe it is a new accessory navigation that is not co-dependent on integration to the clocks. I believe it is designed for the twins and cruisers, when the rider just needs to pair the device to the users mobile phone App (Google Maps, and Waze maybe). I'm sure some twins will have handlebar functionality, but I think its a stand-alone device.

There is a similar product available to buy that is not Triumph branded.

I suppose its OK for short hops and simple A to B routes as it provides road book style arrowed directions, but it's not going to give you much info and you sure as heck are not going to be plot a two week adventure on it like you can a traditional Nav. 

Offline CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
Reply #7 on: June 08, 2021, 01:22:58 AM
Saw something very similar has been added to the 2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan BS6
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

nonskid