Author Topic: Quick shifter intermittent problem  (Read 621 times)

Offline Ray82

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 Desert
  • City / Town: Exeter
Quick shifter intermittent problem
on: July 06, 2021, 04:16:36 PM
Hi all, I have just taken my bike in after having problems with the quick shift not working . I was on a tour from Thursday to Monday and it worked fine until Monday when most times that I went to change gear the lever would not move at all unless I used the clutch  :232: I took it to the dealer today and typically it worked perfect and they could find no faults. Has anyone else had the same issue? I did search the forum but couldn’t find any issues the same.

Offline Ray82

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 Desert
  • City / Town: Exeter
Re: Quick shifter intermittent problem
Reply #1 on: July 06, 2021, 04:17:20 PM
Forgot to say it’s a 2020 desert edition with 2000 miles on the click

Offline glenn389

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2020 Tiger 1200 XCA
  • City / Town: Rawdon
Reply #2 on: July 06, 2021, 08:51:40 PM
I am on my 3rd Tiger 1200XCA. The first two Triumph Shift Assist systems worked perfectly. A total of 30,000 miles in total covered on both bikes.
The current one has been temperamental and nowhere near as slick. I had it back at the dealers only last week after almost 5,000 miles and it was “recalibrated”. I am not sure what they actually did. However, it is much improved and works as I believe it should.

Offline Bruce Wayne

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XCA
  • City / Town: Winterswijk
Reply #3 on: July 09, 2021, 03:28:01 PM
On my 2018 1200xCa the quickshifter also died during a trip end of last year. Just 3 months out of warranty my dealer replaced it and would aks Triumph for warranty. I would hear anything if Triumph wouldn’t be willing. Never heard anythinh anymore. New qs works like a charme.

nonskid