Author Topic: Where did you go on your Tiger Today?  (Read 559 times)

Offline XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2018 T12 & 1995 D12
  • City / Town: County Kildare
Where did you go on your Tiger Today?
on: July 14, 2021, 09:22:57 PM
Trying to kick off a new thread to encourage a bit more forum photo activity. Where did you ride to today, a wet ride to a café down the road or a blast through the Rockies? Who did you meet and what other bikes did you see along the way? Here is my first shot to kick it off. Pictures always a bonus!

After four months off the road (awaiting parts) it was a delight to use the Tiger for a work commute today. Of course I had to take the long way, through Wicklow Mountains. Long parts of the route have a pretty bad bumpy and undulating roads, the Tiger with its long travel suspension creamed it.

Offline Coops!!

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Tiger 1200xcx
Re: Where did you go on your Tiger Today?
Reply #1 on: July 22, 2021, 12:04:57 AM
*Originally Posted by XCaTel [+]
Trying to kick off a new thread to encourage a bit more forum photo activity. Where did you ride to today, a wet ride to a café down the road or a blast through the Rockies? Who did you meet and what other bikes did you see along the way? Here is my first shot to kick it off. Pictures always a bonus!

After four months off the road (awaiting parts) it was a delight to use the Tiger for a work commute today. Of course I had to take the long way, through Wicklow Mountains. Long parts of the route have a pretty bad bumpy and undulating roads, the Tiger with its long travel suspension creamed it.

I’ve done a few decent, and really enjoyable, wild camping trips on my xcx so I’ll get something up when I get a minute 👍

Offline Speed_Racer

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 13 Tex/08 St3
  • City / Town: Utah, USA
Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 05:59:47 PM
I did a short overnight moto-camp with my brother up in the Utah woods this weekend. My phone wasn't cooperating so I couldn't grab any pics of the site itself. But it was a fairly technical doubletrack atv/dirtbike trail to get there, so I'm still recovering from wrestling the big Tiger through it all.

Waiting to meet my brother
'13 TEx, '08 Striple

Offline TeXRT

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2019 Tiger 1200
  • City / Town: Austin, Tex
Reply #3 on: July 28, 2021, 03:54:00 AM
Rode across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge to visit a buddy of mine. Got a chance to try out the 360°camera.

Offline XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2018 T12 & 1995 D12
  • City / Town: County Kildare
Reply #4 on: July 28, 2021, 08:22:30 AM
*Originally Posted by TeXRT [+]
Rode across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge to visit a buddy of mine. Got a chance to try out the 360°camera.

Some great effects from those 360 cameras, I have been contemplating one for ages. Getting a great effect from it there TeXRT.  :047:

Offline Simmo

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2019 1200 XRT White
  • City / Town: Reading
Reply #5 on: July 28, 2021, 01:38:35 PM
Brilliant footage - loved the soundtrack also.

I had watched another 360 clip a few days back - some guy doing part of the Stelvio - I couldn't watch it made me real nauseous!

Simmo
2019 Tiger 1200 XRT in White fitted with TPMS, Rox Anti-vibration Pivoting Risers, Skidmarx Rear Hugger, Palmer Bar End Weights, Grip Puppies, SW Motech Upper Engine Bars, Panniers and Tool Tube, and Givi Trekker Outback 58L Top Box.

nonskid