Author Topic: Where did you go on your Tiger Today?  (Read 2804 times)

Offline XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2018 T12 & 1995 D12
  • City / Town: County Kildare
Where did you go on your Tiger Today?
on: July 14, 2021, 09:22:57 PM
Trying to kick off a new thread to encourage a bit more forum photo activity. Where did you ride to today, a wet ride to a café down the road or a blast through the Rockies? Who did you meet and what other bikes did you see along the way? Here is my first shot to kick it off. Pictures always a bonus!

After four months off the road (awaiting parts) it was a delight to use the Tiger for a work commute today. Of course I had to take the long way, through Wicklow Mountains. Long parts of the route have a pretty bad bumpy and undulating roads, the Tiger with its long travel suspension creamed it.

Offline Coops!!

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Tiger 1200xcx
Re: Where did you go on your Tiger Today?
Reply #1 on: July 22, 2021, 12:04:57 AM
*Originally Posted by XCaTel [+]
Trying to kick off a new thread to encourage a bit more forum photo activity. Where did you ride to today, a wet ride to a café down the road or a blast through the Rockies? Who did you meet and what other bikes did you see along the way? Here is my first shot to kick it off. Pictures always a bonus!

After four months off the road (awaiting parts) it was a delight to use the Tiger for a work commute today. Of course I had to take the long way, through Wicklow Mountains. Long parts of the route have a pretty bad bumpy and undulating roads, the Tiger with its long travel suspension creamed it.

I’ve done a few decent, and really enjoyable, wild camping trips on my xcx so I’ll get something up when I get a minute 👍

Offline Speed_Racer

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 13 Tex/08 St3
  • City / Town: Utah, USA
Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 05:59:47 PM
I did a short overnight moto-camp with my brother up in the Utah woods this weekend. My phone wasn't cooperating so I couldn't grab any pics of the site itself. But it was a fairly technical doubletrack atv/dirtbike trail to get there, so I'm still recovering from wrestling the big Tiger through it all.

Waiting to meet my brother
'13 TEx, '08 Striple

Offline TeXRT

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2019 Tiger 1200
  • City / Town: Austin, Tex
Reply #3 on: July 28, 2021, 03:54:00 AM
Rode across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge to visit a buddy of mine. Got a chance to try out the 360°camera.

Offline XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
Reply #4 on: July 28, 2021, 08:22:30 AM
*Originally Posted by TeXRT [+]
Rode across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge to visit a buddy of mine. Got a chance to try out the 360°camera.

Some great effects from those 360 cameras, I have been contemplating one for ages. Getting a great effect from it there TeXRT.  :047:

Online Simmo

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2019 1200 XRT White
  • City / Town: Reading
Reply #5 on: July 28, 2021, 01:38:35 PM
Brilliant footage - loved the soundtrack also.

I had watched another 360 clip a few days back - some guy doing part of the Stelvio - I couldn't watch it made me real nauseous!

Simmo
2019 Tiger 1200 XRT in White fitted with TPMS, Rox Anti-vibration Pivoting Risers, Skidmarx Rear Hugger, Palmer Bar End Weights, Grip Puppies, SW Motech Upper Engine Bars, Panniers and Tool Tube, and Givi Trekker Outback 58L Top Box.

Offline glenn389

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2020 Tiger 1200 XCA
  • City / Town: Rawdon
Reply #6 on: July 31, 2021, 05:14:40 PM
Landed in Santander, Spain this morning. Will be touring northern Spain with my wife as pillion. It’s good to be able to do so.

Offline XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
Reply #7 on: July 31, 2021, 08:01:37 PM
*Originally Posted by glenn389 [+]
Landed in Santander, Spain this morning. Will be touring northern Spain with my wife as pillion. It’s good to be able to do so.

Brilliant, you lucky people! Post some pics when you can or start your own travel thread if so inclined.  :047:

Offline daveh

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 2019 XRX 1200
  • City / Town: Ballarat
Reply #8 on: August 01, 2021, 08:05:44 AM
As our lockdown ended on Tuesday I got a proper chance this weekend to go for a run with the new Delkavic exhaust.
I love the way it looks and sounds.
While cruising about yesterday I stood for a while, as you do, and noticed when I sat down that the wind noise dramatically increased just before my arse hit the seat.
I’ve been running a summer screen since I got the “Mistress” in December.
So on a whim this morning I took the short screen of and went for a ride, if it had been sh#t I’d have come back and replaced the screen and continued on my way.
But screenless was great,  no wind noise at all now.
There has been no buffeting but some wind noise, but now it is the same sitting or standing.
Very happy with the result.
I ended up at Das Kaffeehaus in Castlemaine.
Great weekends riding, sun out for both days.

Offline glenn389

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2020 Tiger 1200 XCA
  • City / Town: Rawdon
Reply #9 on: August 01, 2021, 05:39:20 PM
Had a ride in Cantabria today.

Sorry about my thumb in one photo. 😬

nonskid