Author Topic: Tool box for pannier frames  (Read 1096 times)

Offline missedagain1

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 Alpine
  • City / Town: Highbridge
Tool box for pannier frames
on: July 28, 2021, 01:35:38 PM
Hi all.

I have a a 2021 Tiger 1200 Alpine and am looking for a small tool/ kit storage box that will fit onto the left side pannier frame to store puncture kit, visor cleaner, etc.
Having fitted a Innovv K3 system under seat storage has now been greatly reduced.
So what are you all using and can recommend?

Thanks in advance.
Ride safe.

Trev. :152:
Nil illegitimi carborundum.

2021 Tiger 1200 Alpine.

Offline Stuartb

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Woking
Re: Tool box for pannier frames
Reply #1 on: July 28, 2021, 02:25:43 PM
Don't know your particular frame.  I have a Tooltube on my Gen 1.  I used some rubber lined P clips to mount on to frame rail.  Was quite tricky to get in just the right spot so that there was no fouling if suspension was fully compressed.  Works well though and allows me to have a basic kit and tyre pluggers with me.  I cleaned off the yellow markings after taking these pictures using a little petrol based on someone's recommendation although there may be safer solvents available!

Ask me if you have questions about any of:- Carbon fender extender, Pyramid shockshield, Triumph radiator guard, Givi SRA 6403 and 52L Trekker top box, 38L Trekker Outback cases, SW Motech crash bars and Storm handguards, GPS mount for car-based Garmin satnav, Batzen bracket, Skidmarx screen, SW Motech light mounts and LED lights with Skene Designs controller, Fuzeblock, Sena SMH10, Remus Ti Hexacone exhaust. Admore light bar. Handguard indicators/DRLs.

Offline Will Morgan

• Explorer Master
  • City / Town: Ross on Wye
Reply #2 on: July 28, 2021, 03:53:30 PM
Givi make this:
https://www.givi.co.uk/my-motorcycle/product/triumph/tiger-1200-18/sidecase/s250-tool-box
As Givi make the Expedition panniers for Triumph I expect it would be simple to fit if you have those panniers & frames

Offline JG_XRT

• Explorer Pro
  • Up the Irons!
  • Bike: 2017 XRt
  • City / Town: Battle Creek, MI
Reply #3 on: July 28, 2021, 04:29:21 PM
Dammit.  Now I had to order the Givi kit and mount.  :008:
Silly Harley rider......Don't you know that Tigers eat hogs?

Offline KenW

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger 1200 XRt
  • City / Town: Adelaide
Reply #4 on: July 29, 2021, 02:37:41 AM
I have four of those "tooltube" thingies mounted on my Tiger.  Two on the lower engine bars, and two on the LH Givi monokey rack.
All mounted with cable ties.
I bought them from a rural supplies store.  They are "document holders" for machinery.  Quite cheap, or much more expensive from motorbike accessory places.
All up a very cheap storage solution.
The only downside is that they aren't lockable.
(You can store 1 litre of port in one, or a 750ml bottle.)

Offline Stillwobbling

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer XCa 2017
  • City / Town: EastMids
Reply #5 on: July 30, 2021, 08:55:10 AM
I have the Givi one. stupid stupid stupid money. But, in terms of it doing what you need, it's been very good. I can get the compressor in there, full puncture kit, tape, zip ties and so on and it's never leaked or let dust in. Accessible even when bike is loaded up. If you can swallow the price then it's worth it. I also have the cylinder one but struggled really to make it useful so now it's full of welding rods. If you can make it work for you like some have then at £10 - £15 it's remarkable value.

Offline Chippy4467

• Explorer Pro
  • City / Town: Midsomer Norton
Reply #6 on: July 30, 2021, 02:51:44 PM
*Originally Posted by Stillwobbling [+]
I have the Givi one. stupid stupid stupid money. But, in terms of it doing what you need, it's been very good. I can get the compressor in there, full puncture kit, tape, zip ties and so on and it's never leaked or let dust in. Accessible even when bike is loaded up. If you can swallow the price then it's worth it. I also have the cylinder one but struggled really to make it useful so now it's full of welding rods. If you can make it work for you like some have then at £10 - £15 it's remarkable value.
Likewise - bought the givi one with adapter plate from someone on here about 18months ago. same never leaked and find it really useful - keep a locking chain in it as well as tools/ zip ties etc. Did buy a tube while back for my Gen1 but never managed to find a home for it on the bike where it didn't look like an afterthought/eyesore
Chippy

Dream big, get things done and change the world
No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.......

Offline missedagain1

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 Alpine
  • City / Town: Highbridge
Reply #7 on: July 30, 2021, 03:21:08 PM
Thanks for the replies all!
Looks like the Givi one is the one to go for.

Stay safe and have a good weekend.
Nil illegitimi carborundum.

2021 Tiger 1200 Alpine.

Offline JG_XRT

• Explorer Pro
  • Up the Irons!
  • Bike: 2017 XRt
  • City / Town: Battle Creek, MI
Reply #8 on: July 31, 2021, 02:47:39 AM
My S250 & mounting kit (S250kit) arrived today.

Anyone else find they have to modify the bracket to make it work with the stock Triumph pannier racks?

I did a test fitting with just the 2 lower screws attached to mount, and there is no way to get the toolbox mounting holes to match with holes in the frame.

I'm reluctant to drill holes in a $70 bracket.

Any pointers would be helpful.

Thanks!
Silly Harley rider......Don't you know that Tigers eat hogs?

Offline Stillwobbling

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer XCa 2017
  • City / Town: EastMids
Reply #9 on: July 31, 2021, 08:03:07 AM
Can't say I had any issues. Mine went straight on.