Author Topic: Its ready for me  (Read 1456 times)

Online NorthumBryan

• Explorer Pro
  • NorthumBryan
  • Bike: Tigger 1200 Alpine
  • City / Town: Northumberland
Re: Its ready for me
Reply #10 on: October 24, 2021, 11:51:01 AM
*Originally Posted by KenW [+]
But that could be ages away here in Oz, many miles from England.

But you are relatively close to where they are made in Thailand...
Talking bollocks since 1965...

Offline Fuze

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 14'Tex white/graph
  • City / Town: Vancouver
Reply #11 on: October 24, 2021, 04:12:04 PM
Sweet ride mjab.  Keep us posted on your long term shenanigan's. 
 :821:
if you want something done right, do it again.

Offline mjab

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 900 GT Pro
  • City / Town: Near Portsmouth
Reply #12 on: October 24, 2021, 05:46:56 PM
Collected the little beauty yesterday and a first proper ride today of nearly 100 miles
Is it perfect, no,not 100%, but its great to ride and so responsive, even keeping below 5000 revs

I need to learn how to ride with a quickshifter, I sutill habitually pull the clutch in and close throttle when I should just be keeping it pinned

It must be difficult with us all being all shapes and sizes but as with both my gen 1 explorers the screen is giving me horrendous wind noise. There is some buffering but I can live with that. The vibey nature of the engine around the 5K rev mark is actually quite enjoyable and is certainly giving the bike some character.

So lightto move around and being thinner I can now plant both feet firmly on the ground

Got my cameras and Garmin to install into the Thunderbox that the dealer installed for me along with running the cables under the bodywork.

4 wheels move the body
2 wheels move the soul

Online NorthumBryan

• Explorer Pro
  • NorthumBryan
  • Bike: Tigger 1200 Alpine
  • City / Town: Northumberland
Reply #13 on: October 25, 2021, 07:07:40 PM
Looks very tidy. You'll get used to the quickshifter in no time and then wonder how you managed without one for all those years  :467:

P.S. love those wraparound engine bars.
Talking bollocks since 1965...

Offline CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
Reply #14 on: October 25, 2021, 10:49:43 PM
*Originally Posted by mjab [+]
Collected the little beauty yesterday and a first proper ride today of nearly 100 miles
Is it perfect, no,not 100%, but its great to ride and so responsive, even keeping below 5000 revs

I need to learn how to ride with a quickshifter, I sutill habitually pull the clutch in and close throttle when I should just be keeping it pinned

It must be difficult with us all being all shapes and sizes but as with both my gen 1 explorers the screen is giving me horrendous wind noise. There is some buffering but I can live with that. The vibey nature of the engine around the 5K rev mark is actually quite enjoyable and is certainly giving the bike some character.

So lightto move around and being thinner I can now plant both feet firmly on the ground

Got my cameras and Garmin to install into the Thunderbox that the dealer installed for me along with running the cables under the bodywork.

Is that a tall (optional) screen?
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Online JG_XRT

• Explorer Pro
  • Up the Irons!
  • Bike: 2017 XRt
  • City / Town: Battle Creek, MI
Reply #15 on: October 25, 2021, 11:13:59 PM
Nice bike, and congrats.

Every time I see one of the new 900s I'm amazed at how much smaller they look than the TEx.
Silly Harley rider......Don't you know that Tigers eat hogs?

Offline mjab

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
Reply #16 on: October 26, 2021, 08:19:09 PM
*Originally Posted by CaptainTrips [+]
Is that a tall (optional) screen?

Standard screen. They also do a screen deflector for £141  https://www.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk/accessories/protection/current/a9708875-screen-deflector-coated?returnUrl=/accessories/landing-page?selectedBikeGenre={D533C7C8-8888-4840-880C-81538212FAE5}&selectedBikeModel={15547429-25DA-42CC-8B8C-D0BA71F75769}&selectedBikeVariant={3DE3F2D3-E0AF-46E9-8B6B-1B9BBAD77C57}&keyWord=&resultsLimit=32&CategorySelection=000000000
For me, like the explorer screens its just too narrow so doesn't deflect the noise away from the head. The buffering from it I can live with.

For over £40 less than the wind deflector you buy a Givi, Puig or MRA screen that is either wider or slightly taller.

Puig even show you the wind tunnel  comparison results https://puig.tv/uploads/products/600019/20375/aerodinamyc-test.pdf
4 wheels move the body
2 wheels move the soul

Offline mjab

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
Reply #17 on: October 26, 2021, 08:22:54 PM
*Originally Posted by JG_XRT [+]
Nice bike, and congrats.

Every time I see one of the new 900s I'm amazed at how much smaller they look than the TEx.
Super slim as well

4 wheels move the body
2 wheels move the soul

nonskid