Author Topic: Remus hexacone gen 1 alignment  (Read 663 times)

Offline TinnedBeans

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • City / Town: Stockport
Remus hexacone gen 1 alignment
on: October 21, 2021, 03:22:27 PM
Has anyone fitted a Remus to a gen 1 and then found that the bumper for the centre stand doesn't line up with the centre stand anymore? I have had to remove my hexacone which is a shame as it did sound great. The guy who fitted it, fitted it behind the exhaust hanger as per advice on here but couldn't get it lined up. I took it to a triumph dealer and they couldn't either. With it on, the bumper is perhaps 2cm to the outside of the centre stand, so the stand rests against the bottom of the swingarm and bangs against the final drive

Offline Buzz

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Tiger mk3
  • City / Town: Scottish Borders
Re: Remus hexacone gen 1 alignment
Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 03:30:02 PM
Are you sure the can/link pipe is for a Gen1 because the exhaust system changed slightly for the Gen2. Which meant I couldn’t swap exhausts over when I changed models.

Offline TinnedBeans

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #2 on: October 21, 2021, 03:45:19 PM
Good point. i did get it off eBay, advertised to fit my model, but it did come from a breakers yard. It has the following marking, hc27 e4 2443 9

Offline TinnedBeans

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #3 on: October 21, 2021, 03:49:45 PM
Documentation suggests it should fit, going off the markings

Offline TeXRT

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2019 Tiger 1200
  • City / Town: Austin, Tex
Reply #4 on: October 24, 2021, 03:08:13 AM
Can you post a pic of your issue? I fitted a Remus Hexacone from my Gen 1 to my Gen 3 but had to order a new mid-pipe from Remus to make it work. Hanger for Gen 3 is longer and it’s included with the mid-pipe.

Offline TinnedBeans

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #5 on: October 24, 2021, 06:23:43 AM

This is with the stock exhaust back on, and this doesn't line up either now?!?! :027:
I got them to swap it back, so I have paid for three exhaust fitting sessions and currently no exhaust lines up.
With the Remus on, the rubber stop was entirely outside of, and thus not stopping the stand.
Hopefully you can see what I mean.

I had some insurance work done on the bike this year after someone drove into me and I am beginning to think that maybe the stand is not perfectly straight

Online XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 XCa
  • City / Town: County Kildare
Reply #6 on: October 24, 2021, 08:24:34 AM
With the Arrow can many owners were having problems with the rubber stop not lining up on the centre stand. It was all down to the join pipe coming lose and the whole silencer swivels. Worth having a quick look to see if you can loosen that and align it yourself?  See the following video, but it is a long shot if three attempts at fitting have been made. If you are hearing a metal to metal noise check your rubber is not missing on the left as you may be damaging the drive shaft as in the video.

I'll take some measurements of my stand relative to the rest of the frame later on today and you might compare those to yours.

Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 08:26:47 AM by XCaTel

Offline Bruce Wayne

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XCA
  • City / Town: Winterswijk
Reply #7 on: October 24, 2021, 10:21:57 AM
Yes, make absolutly sure that the downpipe is completly  in the centre pot. That did it for my t12. Unfortunatly it started within a week to move back again. I drillen a small (3mm) hole behind the clamp and inserted a rvs screw. Now it can not move forward anymore.

nonskid