Author Topic: Rear suspension sunk  (Read 607 times)

Offline Johnnieblack

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 xcx 2019
  • City / Town: Gr
Rear suspension sunk
on: November 14, 2021, 12:54:46 PM
hello there ! This morning i went for a ride and as i parked my tiger 1200 xcx 19' into the garage when i put it on the side stand and then went off the bike it didnt make the small bounce as it used to do  :087: like lifting some heavy weight of it ( im 98 kg ) it may did a small bounce but then i was confused and ride it again , i think it lowered a little bid cause i can put my feet better or the ground , or i dont think its in my mind  :138: ? anyway is this some semi energetic feature or my rear suspension failed? there is no leak or indicator at dash about any malfunction

Offline NiK

• Explorer God
  • Bike: Red Skin Mk3
  • City / Town: Marseille
Re: Rear suspension sunk
Reply #1 on: November 15, 2021, 12:00:25 PM
Last time I felt my bike lower was when I got a rear puncture ;-)

Offline Johnnieblack

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #2 on: November 15, 2021, 12:57:04 PM
sure but there is no puncture lol :P today i rode it and it seems that its ok but i tried to navigate through off road and sport or standar rider mode and none of them seem to lower or lifting the bike up

Online XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 XCa
  • City / Town: County Kildare
Reply #3 on: November 15, 2021, 09:55:25 PM
I replied on you tube too. But I would be surprised if it didn't lower when set to off road mode. Do you get any indication on the dash that it is making the adjustment going from sport or road to off-road? It should take about 10 seconds and tell you it is doing it. When going back to a road mode it only takes 3 seconds or so.

Offline Johnnieblack

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #4 on: November 16, 2021, 05:14:03 AM
yeah its exactly as you mentioned in terms of time duration , i get the adjustment messages and the complete one also but i dont feel like the bike height changes at all i feel it beign a bit soft on off rode mode ...

Online XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 XCa
  • City / Town: County Kildare
Reply #5 on: November 16, 2021, 09:58:05 AM
Off road mode does set the damping to a softer setting as it is expecting a rougher road. The idea is that the less the damping the more it will allow suspension travel to absorb the rougher surface. Rain sets damping at a similarly low level, road at a medium level and sport one level off maximum damping. But if you are two up, fully loaded at "max capacity plus" on this bike you will get a more comfortable ride for you and your pillion setting the damping more towards the sporting end to control all of that extra weight.

You can force the recalibration of your TSAS by disconnecting the battery and on next ignition cycle you should get a message up that the TSAS is recalibrating.

Offline Johnnieblack

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #6 on: November 16, 2021, 11:34:20 AM
Thanks terry , much appreciate it , keep up the good work you are doing on youtube cause you are helping a lot of ppl with those vids ! im gonna try it and ill post again

nonskid