Author Topic: Jordie, tyre questions  (Read 301 times)

Offline Jordie

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Triumph Tiger/ZX10b
  • City / Town: GLASGOW
Jordie, tyre questions
on: November 22, 2021, 07:55:42 PM
   :031: :031:
hi my name is jordie, ive just bought myself a 2013 explorer 1200 yesterday, ive read all the anakee stuff and m8 big m8 text me 2 mins ago saying he runs them too but my question is this has any of you guys ran continental tkc70 and if yes how do they stack up against the anakee i will be doing some "green laning "up in inverary you guys got any thoughts

Online NorthumBryan

• Explorer Pro
  • NorthumBryan
  • Bike: Tigger 1200 Alpine
  • City / Town: Northumberland
Re: Jordie, tyre questions
Reply #1 on: November 22, 2021, 08:36:46 PM
 :401: to the forum from Northumberland  :467:

I had a set of TKC70's on a 1200 Tenere I had a few years back. They were surprisingly well mannered and grippy on road and not too shabby off road. A decent compromise as they are based on the Trail Attack carcase so have a 'road' profile rather than a flatter 'off road' profile so you don't ruin the steering. You can even get a more gnarly rear option TKC Rocks for more off road go.
Talking bollocks since 1965...

Offline Jordie

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
Reply #2 on: November 22, 2021, 09:09:08 PM
thanks m8, yes been looking at the rocks, i will be patient with my choise , i will await more feedback but as you said a good comprimise, thanks again

Online NorthumBryan

• Explorer Pro
  • NorthumBryan
  • Bike: Tigger 1200 Alpine
  • City / Town: Northumberland
Reply #3 on: November 23, 2021, 04:39:11 PM
You are most welcome  :467:
Talking bollocks since 1965...

Offline Stillwobbling

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer XCa 2017
  • City / Town: EastMids
Reply #4 on: November 23, 2021, 07:24:01 PM
Had 4 sets of the TKC 70. Wife runs them on her Tiger 800 too and I simply cannot fault them, other, than I wish I could get 20k miles out of a set that would be nice. They just don't have anything about them that I could possibly think to comment negatively about and yet they don't have a massive following. They wear a bit flat but it's not a track bike. Mile after mile on the straight motorway isn't ever going to round the corners off.

Noise - none
Grip - lots
Transition - unnoticeable.

What more would you want? Now when it comes to off road, ahh. I did the Kielder 500 challenge on a brand new set that day. ended up in a ditch. Would I use TKC 70 off road, nope. Not really, but then would I ever take 1/4 tonne of bike off road ever again? Nope. Didn't enjoy that. Should I be tempted then I'll get  CRF 250 or a 701 with knobbies.

Offline Jordie

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
Reply #5 on: November 23, 2021, 08:33:19 PM
magic, cheers for the feedback currently on michelin road 5 trail, i bought it with them fitted but as above fancy a bit of gravel , green laneing, northwest 500 etc, , im starting to lean towards the tkc 70 rocks, hoping santa will come early :047:, thanks again for your thoughts, cheers jordie