Author Topic: If you want one best get in early  (Read 2024 times)

Offline Johnnieblack

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 xcx 2019
  • City / Town: Gr
Re: If you want one best get in early
Reply #10 on: January 12, 2022, 12:41:45 PM
not only the taller seat but the wheels are a bit concern to me . 18 inch rear and 21 front seems like you are riding a tractor . The best balance combo for me is 17-19 and i wouldnt look anything else with a 20 litre tank if i had an option for a 30 one . if we take as consideration the money you spend to take these features , i would definately choose a gs over the tiger

Offline Hawk281

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: tiger 1200 2018
  • City / Town: Thousand Oaks, Ca
Reply #11 on: January 12, 2022, 02:25:42 PM
In regards to the wheel size, the 18/21 was the combination for a long time (still is) for duel sports. so that would not be so unusual. what concerns me is what is available in tires for that size bike.

Offline Johnnieblack

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 xcx 2019
  • City / Town: Gr
Reply #12 on: January 12, 2022, 02:37:45 PM
18/21 is for the most off road  models . the xplorer is a 250 kg bike with 25 k worth who is gonna take it only for off road ? cause on the road will be garbage with that combo , it would take effort to handle on turns

Offline XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 XCa
  • City / Town: County Kildare
Reply #13 on: January 12, 2022, 03:47:47 PM
*Originally Posted by Johnnieblack [+]
not only the taller seat but the wheels are a bit concern to me . 18 inch rear and 21 front seems like you are riding a tractor . The best balance combo for me is 17-19 and i wouldnt look anything else with a 20 litre tank if i had an option for a 30 one . if we take as consideration the money you spend to take these features , i would definately choose a gs over the tiger

The GT line has a 19" front wheel if the 21" isn't to your liking.

Online Will Morgan

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Ross on Wye
Reply #14 on: January 12, 2022, 04:38:41 PM
Ssssh! Keep quiet or they'll think we want wheels to be optional extras so they can charge us more for big wheels, small wheels, spoke wheels, cast wheels, wheels with tyres, etc etc

Offline Hawk281

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: tiger 1200 2018
  • City / Town: Thousand Oaks, Ca
Reply #15 on: January 12, 2022, 06:33:39 PM
It’s a conspiracy, I tell you. :745:

Offline Ninja

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Ninja 1000 SX
  • City / Town: Whiterock
Reply #16 on: January 15, 2022, 05:58:43 PM
I see Ducati went with a pair of 17"s for there Pikes Peak Road version of the Multistrada,,.  When Triumph says the 19" front 18" rear hasn't hurt the new GT version in the road handling department, it begs the question as to weather the 18 has helped either,,. Seems to me in a number of areas they have designed the new 1200 from the Rally Explorer on down,,.  This is fine if your looking for a long distance Explorer style Adventure bike however what compromises does the 18" rear wheel bring to the road version of the new Tiger?
Also
How long till we get some actually independent reviews of the new bikes? 

Offline mjab

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 900 GT Pro
  • City / Town: Near Portsmouth
Reply #17 on: January 15, 2022, 06:56:34 PM
*Originally Posted by Ninja [+]

How long till we get some actually independent reviews of the new bikes?

I guess the media should be getting them from February but we all know BMW must pay MCN a massive amount for advertising  :033: :033:

Triumph are doing a tour of UK dealers with a (some) versions of the bike for people to view but not ride from later this month. Demonstrators are not expected in dealers until April. If you order then and its a 8 to 12 week wait then thats half the summer gone beefore you get it
4 wheels move the body
2 wheels move the soul

Offline Ninja

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Ninja 1000 SX
  • City / Town: Whiterock
Reply #18 on: January 16, 2022, 06:39:26 PM
*Originally Posted by mjab [+]
I guess the media should be getting them from February but we all know BMW must pay MCN a massive amount for advertising  :033: :033:

Triumph are doing a tour of UK dealers with a (some) versions of the bike for people to view but not ride from later this month. Demonstrators are not expected in dealers until April. If you order then and its a 8 to 12 week wait then thats half the summer gone beefore you get it
Triumph just pulled out of the Vancouver Demo this weekend for apparently Covid related reasons,,. I'm still on deposit for a supposed April delivery however I would feel a whole lot better buying this in a normal environment where you could do proper due diligence,,. Hopefully were abought to round the bend with all of this,,. Things are really messed up everywhere,,!!

I might check out the Ducati and the 1250GS in the meantime?