Author Topic: Second time leaking gearbox issue  (Read 1821 times)

Offline CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
Re: Second time leaking gearbox issue
Reply #10 on: May 17, 2022, 12:25:58 AM
*Originally Posted by Johnnieblack [+]
after the work done by the dealer and the bike under warranty till september i got the leaking in the mid march again . i brought the bike at the dealer at late april and they told me they had to investigate the issue further and see if the gasket wasnt the issue and maybe the assembly box is bent or wrecked . so they did the measures and they told me they have to replace the whole unit , which is available in the middle of july . I got to wait till then with a bike that is losing a bit of oil , not a happy triumph customer .  :151:
So that's three times the bike has been in for this problem?
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline Johnnieblack

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 xcx 2019
  • City / Town: Gr
Reply #11 on: May 17, 2022, 03:51:13 PM
correct . 3 times in and 3 times changed the gasket till they found out that its not a gasket problem but the assembly -whole unit which btw costs 3k euro ( bike under warranty till september ). Im really worrying about the bike , ive emailed triumph uk also talked with greek dealer and i was furious , even considered to go the law way for giving me a crap bike and they are not trust worthy and keeping the warranty deal , because the problem persists 1 year now . Xcatel , this is a common problem with a lot bikes , there is a moisture and after that there is oil weep at the gear box near oil filter area , ive talked with a lot of other guys about it and i really dont know if the problem will contineu to happen after i change the unit , what should i do then ?

Offline Jaeger

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Christchurch
Reply #12 on: May 17, 2022, 11:43:20 PM
Dam it :003:
Checked mine still has a slight weep so I am living with it.

Offline Johnnieblack

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #13 on: May 21, 2022, 07:51:24 AM
guess we living with it , but i cant accept it while my bike is under warranty , i cant have a leaking oil 20 k worth machine , i mean , my 25 y old 250 cc honda bike isnt leaking , why my new tiger does and cant be solved by the dealer ?
i am so sad and worried that in a trip i might step on oil and my health is under danger and the dealer does nothing about it , while i sent pictures to england triumph HQ

Offline CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
Reply #14 on: May 22, 2022, 02:03:34 AM
*Originally Posted by Johnnieblack [+]
guess we living with it , but i cant accept it while my bike is under warranty , i cant have a leaking oil 20 k worth machine , i mean , my 25 y old 250 cc honda bike isnt leaking , why my new tiger does and cant be solved by the dealer ?
i am so sad and worried that in a trip i might step on oil and my health is under danger and the dealer does nothing about it , while i sent pictures to england triumph HQ
Tell them if the can't fix it on the third try, then they owe you a new one.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline Johnnieblack

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #15 on: May 22, 2022, 01:41:28 PM
they are still investigating the issue and the new part of the bevel box - carter where the problem is located is coming at july  . So if the problem contineu i will take the law way definitely . Cause whats the point of having warranty without even be able to keep your promise as a big company ? For now im with a new gasket and a really minor leak - like moisture on the junction . The dealers here are a nightmare , and my emails to triumph uk are based to a single suggestion and results which is : talk with the local office !

Offline TeXRT

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2019 Tiger 1200
  • City / Town: Austin, Tex
Reply #16 on: May 26, 2022, 12:56:03 AM
My 2019 XRt developed this seep within 3K miles and is still weeping at 7K, dealer said there wasn’t a problem. Now that it’s out of warranty I’ll just clean it up the residue before trading it in, especially after reading this post.

Offline CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
Reply #17 on: May 26, 2022, 03:55:05 PM
*Originally Posted by TeXRT [+]
My 2019 XRt developed this seep within 3K miles and is still weeping at 7K, dealer said there wasn’t a problem. Now that it’s out of warranty I’ll just clean it up the residue before trading it in, especially after reading this post.
Leave a note under the seat for the next unfortunate owner.

Offline Johnnieblack

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #18 on: June 08, 2022, 01:28:11 PM
Ive been dealing with a leaking at gearbox and cardan 1 year and a half now , also a variety of other problem such as a little play at rear wheel and random other electronical issues with my tiger 1200 2019 xcx . Ive changed the gasket already many times and i was informed in april that my dealer made a warranty recall about to change the whole unit . The part will arrive at mid of july . I show them emailed pictures of my problem i even got to bring the bike myself to dealer so he can inspect it and he confirmed the leakage . Although by email the aftersales manager of Greece who is in contact with the service point i bring the bike for service and all other issues , is telling me that my bike is safe to ride till the part arrive ( 4 months now ) i told him i completed a tour 1500 km and whenever i stopped i carried a pack of tissues to wipe the oil that was there because i was afraid my rear wheel would slip on it . I got assured many times by email that even tho the bike leaks it is safe to ride and they cant do anything about it . I even e mailed triumph uk and they dont give a single F :431: k . I am desperately dont know what to do with this machine and i am really frustrated about the problem not that a machine can break or have low reliability BUT because i spent 20 k euro to have a dealership in Greece who cant even communicate with me and solve my freaking problems i am dealing 1 year an a half now . Not even that , central triumph doesnt seem to care . So i am about to bring the case in the court of law sadly

Offline Icy

• Explorer God
  • Stationary Traveler
  • Bike: 2018 TEX XCx
  • City / Town: Bronxville, NY
Reply #19 on: June 08, 2022, 02:21:36 PM
Sorry to hear all your troubles. For what it's worth:
- A little play with the rear wheel when in gear and on center-stand was always there. I wouldn't worry about that at all
- I doubt you can accumulate so much oil that your rear wheel will slip on it after each stop & go. If that were the case, you'd run out of oil in a matter of hours. So, I think you are playing it a bit too safe there my friend. Unless you are dealing with an actual pool of oil - really, don't worry about it. That bike is not going to slip on a straight line. Just go easy on the throttle.
- Ride the bike until the parts arrive - these kinds of mishaps happen to every model and every bike

Having said all that, you are 100% correct. A motorcycle that costs this much shouldn't have these things but at the end, they all do. Also, the dealership is always the weakest link with all machines. A bad motorcycle dealership & incompetent service will ruin any model of any bike. Triumph is notorious for not being helpful to individuals, but good service / dealership always knows how to take care of you. We've all been there.

I hope your dealership steps it up a bit and covers you better. I've lived through horror stories because of bad service folks. I used to ride 300 miles to the good service that I know rather than deal with bad service that I had within 10 miles.

All in all, ride that motorcycle as long as it starts and obeys your commands.

Good luck mate
"It's easy to learn how to speak, it takes a lot more to learn how to actually say something." ~Icy
http://instagram.com/soksa.icy/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/soksa/
https://www.youtube.com/user/SokSa/videos
http://www.swordclassri.com/

nonskid