Author TSAS WP rear-shock function check  (Read 4872 times)

• Offline matgriff   gb

• Explorer Member  ‐    20

Offline matgriff

• Explorer Member
    • Bike: TEX XRT
    • City / Town: Stoke on Trent
    Re: TSAS WP rear-shock function check
    Reply #10 on: January 31, 2022, 05:07:24 pm
    January 31, 2022, 05:07:24 pm
    Yes as stated, you have no choice over the control or amount of pre-load apart from setting road/off-road mode.

The pre-load is based on the weight of the rider and the amount of sag. What I have noticed on my GEN2 is that the bike seems to want to apply nearly max pre-load for me alone (best part of 16st) so when we go two-up there isn't really much more scope to apply more, which makes me conclude I should really have a slightly stiffer spring, or lose weight :-)

A slightly stiffer spring shouldn't cause any problems with the TSAS, as the position sensor still works the same way, although the damping won't be matched to the new spring rate.

• Offline Idahokid   us

• Explorer Member  ‐    24

Offline Idahokid

• Explorer Member
    • Bike: 2017 Tiger explorer
    • City / Town: Post Falls ID
    Reply #11 on: February 12, 2024, 03:50:49 am
    February 12, 2024, 03:50:49 am
    I know this is an old thread but it has a lot of good information on it.I have a 2017 and I’m 275lbs and the piston is clearly out. Thinking all of it.So that’s preload only.I have the suspension set in the middle and it pogo sticks or bouncy.When I first bought the bike it made the initial adjustment and it took a while for it to do so. It makes little adjustments now and then.So when I adjust from comfort to sport the rear shock doesn’t make any sound or doesn’t vibrate.Is this normal?The front is clicking away.I’ve also been told to go towards sport to get rid off the bounce in the rear.Any comments are appreciated.

• Offline Lesterzzzzzzzz   gb

• Explorer Member  ‐    19

Offline Lesterzzzzzzzz

• Explorer Member
    • Bike: Tiger 1200
    • City / Town: Doncaster
    Reply #12 on: February 24, 2024, 08:13:36 am
    February 24, 2024, 08:13:36 am
    Im having TSAS issues. First the rear strut  failed leaving me with a very soggy loose feeling rear end. I managed to replace like for like. Just prior to the change the Tsas would lower but not raise. It still wont move after new battery and tsas unit fitted. Any help please.

• Offline Idahokid   us

• Explorer Member  ‐    24

Offline Idahokid

• Explorer Member
    • Bike: 2017 Tiger explorer
    • City / Town: Post Falls ID
    Reply #13 on: February 24, 2024, 04:31:21 pm
    February 24, 2024, 04:31:21 pm
    My experience is once it’s set,It’s set.My piston is all the way out.The only adjustment it my go through is the rebound/Damping.By the time I notice the icon on the screen it’s done.I switch from normal to sport when riding.