Author Topic: GT or Rally? What's your thoughts?  (Read 7048 times)

Online jjscsix

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: Tiger 1200
  • City / Town: Texas
Re: GT or Rally? What's your thoughts?
Reply #70 on: June 23, 2022, 01:16:22 AM
Thanks for the responses.  There are bikes being marketed as sport touring bikes that are very limited in size for carrying luggage and/or a passenger.  I have one, a Ninja 1000SX.  I have had a SuperDuke GT. I don’t consider them Sport Touring bikes by todays standards.  I have owned two 1600 BMWs, two FJRs, an St1300, Concours 14 and two GoldWings. 

I picked put the 1200 today and rode it about 85 miles home on a variety of roads.  I’ll do a full write up in the next couple of days. I would post a picture, but this looks like one of the old forums that I have to host the picture somewhere and then insert a link.  I don’t have a way to do that.  Is there another way?
Jim
2023 Tiger 1200 GT Explorer
2020 Ninja 1000 SX
2018 CBR 1000RR

Offline Lovetubs

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Rally Explorer
  • City / Town: Lincoln
Reply #71 on: June 24, 2022, 06:46:32 AM
*Originally Posted by jjscsix [+]
I picked put the 1200 today and rode it about 85 miles home on a variety of roads.  I’ll do a full write up in the next couple of days. I would post a picture, but this looks like one of the old forums that I have to host the picture somewhere and then insert a link.  I don’t have a way to do that.  Is there another way?

I was able to select photos directly from my iPhone- if that helps.

Offline XCaTel

• Explorer God
  • Bike: 2018 XCa
  • City / Town: County Kildare
Reply #72 on: June 24, 2022, 07:42:48 AM
*Originally Posted by jjscsix [+]
I would post a picture, but this looks like one of the old forums that I have to host the picture somewhere and then insert a link.  I don’t have a way to do that.  Is there another way?

Use the free Photo Gallery on the menu, it is very handy and takes care of oversized pictures etc. I think you need a minimum amount of posts before adding pictures, I might be wrong on that bit though.

Online jjscsix

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: Tiger 1200
  • City / Town: Texas
Reply #73 on: Yesterday at 02:00:40 AM
Thanks for the replies.  Have not had time to figure out the pictures though.
Jim
2023 Tiger 1200 GT Explorer
2020 Ninja 1000 SX
2018 CBR 1000RR

Offline Ninja

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Ninja 1000 SX
  • City / Town: Whiterock
Reply #74 on: Yesterday at 07:57:58 PM
*Originally Posted by XCaTel [+]
Use the free Photo Gallery on the menu, it is very handy and takes care of oversized pictures etc. I think you need a minimum amount of posts before adding pictures, I might be wrong on that bit though.
Apparently you need to sign up for Gallery, When I try to sign up it gives the error that, a bit confusing?

Forum Profile Email address already being used
Forum Username ninja Username already being used
Password - can be different

nonskid