Author Topic: Michelin Road 6 Tyres  (Read 3255 times)

Buzz and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Chippy4467

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Midsomer Norton
Re: Michelin Road 6 Tyres
Reply #10 on: March 29, 2022, 07:03:27 PM
AFAIK, GT versions only have stiffer walls. This shouldn't have any significant impact on lifespan.
but it will have an impact on the handling. 
Of all the PR range I preferred the 3's even though the wear was uneven at the front. I found the 4 too stiff giving a harsher ride, something borne out by MCT Suspension when I change rear shock - they asked what tyre and pressure I was running and when I said PR4 they suggested I drop pressures slightly.  I never got to PR5 because of the issues Michelin had in suppling them so went with Conti's on the Gen2 and for me they suit it far better.
Chippy

Dream big, get things done and change the world
No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.......

Offline zivsteevs

• Explorer Pro
  • City / Town: Breitenbach, France
Reply #11 on: March 30, 2022, 10:34:11 AM
I got Road 6, still have to put them on. Still have a bit left on Anakee Adventures, which were quite disappointing in terms of mileage, <5000km and done.

Offline Speedy

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2017 XRx Low
  • City / Town: Stalmine, Lancs
Reply #12 on: March 30, 2022, 12:36:38 PM
I have now done just over 11,000 miles on my bikes original Metzler Tourance Next tyres..
Very impressed with their longevity..
Having a set of Michelin Road 6's fitted next tuesday..
S
Power is how hard you hit the wall...
Torque is how far you take the wall with you !

Offline Mark Carter

• Explorer Member
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage!
  • Bike: Explorer 1215
  • City / Town: Romsey
Reply #13 on: March 30, 2022, 03:05:33 PM
*Originally Posted by Speedy [+]
I have now done just over 11,000 miles on my bikes original Metzler Tourance Next tyres..
Very impressed with their longevity..
Having a set of Michelin Road 6's fitted next tuesday..
S

Speedy, I'll wager you will be shocked by the difference between the Metz's and the Michelins.

On the subject of tyres, I had intended to fit the R6's for the coming season, but at the time of purchase they didn't have the right tyre size for both front and rear, so I fitted the Dunlop Roadsmart III.  Compared to the previous R5's, the ride is slightly harsher, there can be a hint of tram lining, but the grip levels are very good, even in the wet, the turn in is quicker and whole bike feels lighter in the twisties.  On balance a significant improvement.  No idea about longevity, but I should know more after a Vosges Black Forest tour this June.

Offline Bronze

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Tiger 1200
  • City / Town: Hinckley
Reply #14 on: May 11, 2022, 12:16:38 PM
Just fitted road 6 and what a difference they are I’m in love with them already 🤣
My Tourance front was knackered after less than 2000 miles

Offline wassers

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: GT Explorer on order
  • City / Town: SANDHURST
Reply #15 on: May 11, 2022, 12:48:37 PM
Ditto on the road 6 tyres.

I had them fitted to my Ducati Multistrada 2 weeks ago and they are superb.

I could be wrong, but I think Road 6 tyres are not available for the new gen 4 Tiger 1200 as Michelin don't offer the right size, which is a shame.

Online Will Morgan

• Explorer Master
  • City / Town: Ross on Wye
Reply #16 on: May 11, 2022, 06:02:29 PM
*Originally Posted by wassers [+]
I could be wrong, but I think Road 6 tyres are not available for the new gen 4 Tiger 1200 as Michelin don't offer the right size, which is a shame.

:0461: I don't recall any of the previous Michelin Pilot Road or Road series of rear tyres ever being available for 18" wheels (and I'm not sure if they did 21" fronts either). This is a pity as road riders with GTs won't be able to use Road 6s unless Michelin decide its a big enough market to be worth while making 18" rears.

Offline Chippy4467

• Explorer Master
  • City / Town: Midsomer Norton
Reply #17 on: May 12, 2022, 09:14:50 AM
When it came to the Road 5 rollout, that was so messed up at the time that I went with Continental's.

I did the same - still have the Conti's and really like them. IMHO they suit the Gen2 better than the PR4 did - least the handling/turn in is sharper, seems to hold line in corners better and no issues at all with grip wet or dry. Will be interesting to see the views on Road6 when they have done a few miles
Chippy

Dream big, get things done and change the world
No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.......

Online Bricktop1664

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
  • City / Town: Somerset
Reply #18 on: June 09, 2022, 08:59:19 PM
Just had a pair of road 6’s fitted today.  Really looking forward to bedding these bad boys in! Will report back!

Online Bricktop1664

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
  • City / Town: Somerset
Reply #19 on: Yesterday at 08:00:27 AM
Done about 200 miles on the road 6’s and so far I’m impressed.  Confidence inspiring on the dry twisty roads of Somerset and relatively quiet compared to the stock Metzeler Tourance Next that i took off.  Next weekend will be spent in Snowdonia and its probably going to rain - optimistic - really looking forward to this trip and expecting great things from the tyres. £361 well spent!

nonskid