Author Topic: 2016 XRT Might be going  (Read 384 times)

Offline expressshaftie

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 1200 XRT
  • City / Town: Monmouth
2016 XRT Might be going
on: May 25, 2022, 03:48:53 PM
Just been thinking it might be time for a change.
If it is then the present bike will have to go.

March 2016 Gen 2 XRT in 'ever so fast' red.
24,600 miles (approx)
Full Triumph service history incl. the 20k one
Great condition
Comes with full aluminium luggage (panniers and top case) all single keyed with ignition
Triumph spot lights and radiator guard fitted along with  Puig screen extender/spoiler.
Triumph sat-nav mount fitted and wired (Zumo 550 currently fitted  which does me for  getting A-B) and goes with the bike
Otherwise standard spec

Arrow can fitted but OE exhaust (I year use)  will go with the bike.

What do folks think is a realistic price for someone who's actually looking for an XRT (not someone that will take it off my hands if I drop my trousers!)
(I've had a couple of trade in valuations but aware they depend upon what the target bike for purchase is so only a rough guide)

Hopefully can give the bike a spruce up and post some photos at the weekend.

Online Will Morgan

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Ross on Wye
Re: 2016 XRT Might be going
Reply #1 on: May 25, 2022, 11:30:47 PM
Check Ebay & bike trader for comparisons.
A local Triumph dealer offered me so little for my 2016 XRT (that I'd been paying them thru' the nose to service so it really grated!) that I kept it as a winter hack.
When I do decide to sell it I'll accept anything over their derisory offer.
Anyone want a 2016 XRT, 40k+ miles, full service history, apparently only worth £3.5k !!

Offline Chippy4467

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Midsomer Norton
Reply #2 on: May 26, 2022, 09:32:00 AM
*Originally Posted by Will Morgan [+]
Check Ebay & bike trader for comparisons.
A local Triumph dealer offered me so little for my 2016 XRT (that I'd been paying them thru' the nose to service so it really grated!) that I kept it as a winter hack.
When I do decide to sell it I'll accept anything over their derisory offer.
Anyone want a 2016 XRT, 40k+ miles, full service history, apparently only worth £3.5k !!
Will, guess it depends on what/if you are buying from said dealer and when - I was very surprised to be offered £9k a month ago for my 2017 XRT (on a 2018 plate) against a new 900 GT Pro, but they did say that was likely to drop as more Gen2 & 3's came in as part ex's for new the Gen4's
Chippy

Dream big, get things done and change the world
No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.......

Offline expressshaftie

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 1200 XRT
  • City / Town: Monmouth
Reply #3 on: May 26, 2022, 12:30:13 PM
Interesting.  I have contacted the local Triumph dealer for a Trade in Value so will see what he says. 
We buy any bike saying £6400, various dealer  PX values between that and £8k but then the value of these all depends on how over/undervalued the bike you are PX ing it against is!