Author Topic: intercom battery replacement  (Read 197 times)

Offline expressshaftie

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 1200 XRT
  • City / Town: Monmouth
intercom battery replacement
on: June 22, 2022, 05:39:44 PM
I have a cardo Freecom4 intercom.  only really use when wife is on the back  but due to Covid et al its not been used for 18 months.  Batteries are flat wont take a charge  (will leave them on charge overnight just in case miracles do happen!) assuming they do need replacing has anyone any idea where to go to?  The manual tells me (I know!) that I should charge the headsets up every 3 months to avoid failure  and I shouldn't attempt battery replacement myself as I could damage the waterproofing  but there is NO indication of how to find someone who will.  System was bought 3 years ago so out of warranty  last November.  I cant find the receipt to go back to whoever I purchased from (at NEC exhib)  and an hour of web searches has shown nothing useful.  Will try some cardo dealers in the morning to see what they say  but would appreciate any wisdom from members here  (thats apart from telling me to RTFM !)  Cheers!

Offline Chippy4467

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Midsomer Norton
Re: intercom battery replacement
Reply #1 on: June 22, 2022, 06:17:26 PM
Not sure if it'll help but if your looking for dealers there was a very helpful one in Plymouth a few years ago when I had a set - got an exchange unit when mine went duff.  Sadly no longer have the details
Chippy

Dream big, get things done and change the world
No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.......

Online JG_XRT

• Explorer Master
  • Up the Irons!
  • Bike: 2017 XRt
  • City / Town: Battle Creek, MI
Reply #2 on: June 22, 2022, 10:48:38 PM
Search YouTube.

I found "how to" videos for replacing the battery in my Sena unit there.
Silly Harley rider......Don't you know that Tigers eat hogs?

Offline XCaTel

• Explorer God
  • Bike: 2018 XCa
  • City / Town: County Kildare
Reply #3 on: June 24, 2022, 11:04:59 AM
I can't help thinking it is too much trouble to replace the battery when you could purchase a new Cardo SPIRIT for €99 and save all of the hassle. Currently £87 at Sportsbikeshop.co.uk.  A battery will cost you maybe €15-€25 if you can find the right one and you will need to solder off the two leads from the PCB board. The USB port came away from my motherboard on my Packtalk and I asked Cardo if they offered a repair service and they said no. I opened it up and it was a lost cause.
Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 11:07:01 AM by XCaTel

nonskid