Author SW Motech Pannier Rails  (Read 527 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

  • Offline sd12tiger

    • Explorer Member  ‐    16
    • **
    • Topic Author

    Offline sd12tiger

    • Explorer Member
    • **
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 16
    • City / Town: London
    SW Motech Pannier Rails
    on: September 21, 2022, 08:39:09 am
    September 21, 2022, 08:39:09 am
    It looks like SW Motech have got some pannier rails ready now

    https://sw-motech.com/en/bike/TRIUMPH/Tig1200GTPro/2022/PV01/products/luggage/side+carrier/

  • Offline papadop88   us

    • Explorer Member  ‐    59
    • **
      #1

    Offline papadop88

    • Explorer Member
    • **
    • Posts: 59
    • Bike: '23 Tiger 1200 RP
    • City / Town: Los Angeles
    • Country: us
    Re: SW Motech Pannier Rails
    Reply #1 on: September 21, 2022, 04:35:38 pm
    September 21, 2022, 04:35:38 pm
    *Originally Posted by sd12tiger [+]
    It looks like SW Motech have got some pannier rails ready now

    https://sw-motech.com/en/bike/TRIUMPH/Tig1200GTPro/2022/PV01/products/luggage/side+carrier/

    Yep.  I've been eyeing them to pari them up with some Moskos but I believe I need to make some holes in them to make them work with Mosko's wedges...
    2023 Triumph Tiger 1200 Rally Pro | Matt Khaki Green

  • Offline DM68   england

    • Explorer Member  ‐    16
    • **
      #2

    Offline DM68

    • Explorer Member
    • **
    • Posts: 16
    • Bike: 2022 1200 GT Pro
    • City / Town: STOCKPORT
    • Country: england
    Re: SW Motech Pannier Rails
    Reply #2 on: September 21, 2022, 10:22:35 pm
    September 21, 2022, 10:22:35 pm
    *Originally Posted by sd12tiger [+]
    It looks like SW Motech have got some pannier rails ready now

    https://sw-motech.com/en/bike/TRIUMPH/Tig1200GTPro/2022/PV01/products/luggage/side+carrier/

    SW Motech released these a few weeks ago, however, the UK distributor Motohaus don't have them in stock yet, or atleast their not showing on the website.

    But when they are I'll be finally able to install my panniers. :046:

  • Offline papadop88   us

    • Explorer Member  ‐    59
    • **
      #3

    Offline papadop88

    • Explorer Member
    • **
    • Posts: 59
    • Bike: '23 Tiger 1200 RP
    • City / Town: Los Angeles
    • Country: us
    Re: SW Motech Pannier Rails
    Reply #3 on: September 21, 2022, 10:26:25 pm
    September 21, 2022, 10:26:25 pm
    *Originally Posted by DM68 [+]
    SW Motech released these a few weeks ago, however, the UK distributor Motohaus don't have them in stock yet, or atleast their not showing on the website.

    But when they are I'll be finally able to install my panniers. :046:

    Which panniers did you go with?
    2023 Triumph Tiger 1200 Rally Pro | Matt Khaki Green

  • Offline DM68   england

    • Explorer Member  ‐    16
    • **
      #4

    Offline DM68

    • Explorer Member
    • **
    • Posts: 16
    • Bike: 2022 1200 GT Pro
    • City / Town: STOCKPORT
    • Country: england
    Re: SW Motech Pannier Rails
    Reply #4 on: September 21, 2022, 10:32:17 pm
    September 21, 2022, 10:32:17 pm
    *Originally Posted by papadop88 [+]
    Which panniers did you go with?

    I already have the SW Motech Trax Adv Topbox fitted and panniers from my previous bike, just awaiting the rails.

    I've had them around 6 years and still like brand new, they were expensive initially but a good investment, every-time I change my bike I just get new rails.

  • Offline papadop88   us

    • Explorer Member  ‐    59
    • **
      #5

    Offline papadop88

    • Explorer Member
    • **
    • Posts: 59
    • Bike: '23 Tiger 1200 RP
    • City / Town: Los Angeles
    • Country: us
    Re: SW Motech Pannier Rails
    Reply #5 on: September 22, 2022, 12:59:32 am
    September 22, 2022, 12:59:32 am
    *Originally Posted by DM68 [+]
    I already have the SW Motech Trax Adv Topbox fitted and panniers from my previous bike, just awaiting the rails.

    I've had them around 6 years and still like brand new, they were expensive initially but a good investment, every-time I change my bike I just get new rails.

    Gotcha.  I've been looking at those as well.  Not too heavy?
    2023 Triumph Tiger 1200 Rally Pro | Matt Khaki Green

  • Offline DM68   england

    • Explorer Member  ‐    16
    • **
      #6

    Offline DM68

    • Explorer Member
    • **
    • Posts: 16
    • Bike: 2022 1200 GT Pro
    • City / Town: STOCKPORT
    • Country: england
    Re: SW Motech Pannier Rails
    Reply #6 on: September 22, 2022, 10:53:42 pm
    September 22, 2022, 10:53:42 pm
    *Originally Posted by papadop88 [+]
    Gotcha.  I've been looking at those as well.  Not too heavy?

    They're aluminium fully welded so comparable with others but certainly not heavy and you don't really notice them unless your filtering.

  • Offline papadop88   us

    • Explorer Member  ‐    59
    • **
      #7

    Offline papadop88

    • Explorer Member
    • **
    • Posts: 59
    • Bike: '23 Tiger 1200 RP
    • City / Town: Los Angeles
    • Country: us
    Re: SW Motech Pannier Rails
    Reply #7 on: September 22, 2022, 11:00:42 pm
    September 22, 2022, 11:00:42 pm
    *Originally Posted by DM68 [+]
    They're aluminium fully welded so comparable with others but certainly not heavy and you don't really notice them unless your filtering.

    Appreciate the follow up!  Thanks!
    2023 Triumph Tiger 1200 Rally Pro | Matt Khaki Green

  • Offline D_Idaho   us

    • Explorer Junior  ‐    12
    • *
      #8

    Offline D_Idaho

    • Explorer Junior
    • *
    • Posts: 12
    • Wherever you go… There you are.
    • Bike: 23 Tiger GT EX 1200
    • Country: us
    Re: SW Motech Pannier Rails
    Reply #8 on: September 23, 2022, 03:32:41 am
    September 23, 2022, 03:32:41 am
    Ordered mine a few weeks back. Now shipping so will hopefully have them in a few days. The listing didn’t show compatibility with the GT Explorer, but looking at the mounting instructions I decided to roll the dice and see if they’ll work out.

  • Online Simmo   gb

    • Explorer Pro  ‐    425
    • ***
      #9

    Online Simmo

    • Explorer Pro
    • ***
    • Posts: 425
    • Bike: 2019 1200 XRT White
    • City / Town: Reading
    • Country: gb
    Re: SW Motech Pannier Rails
    Reply #9 on: September 23, 2022, 11:33:28 am
    September 23, 2022, 11:33:28 am
    Hi All

    I may be wrong but the old rails were symmetrical on the bike meaning you could a) mount cases of the same size and b) mount a Motech Tool Tube.

    The new design of rail looks like you need to mount a large case on the non exhaust side and a shallower case on the exhaust side in order to 'balance' the width.

    Simmo
    2019 Tiger 1200 XRT in White fitted with TPMS, Rox Anti-vibration Pivoting Risers, Skidmarx Rear Hugger, Palmer Bar End Weights, Grip Puppies, SW Motech Upper Engine Bars, Panniers and Tool Tube, and Givi Trekker Outback 58L Top Box.

     



    nonskid