Offline Tigress

• Explorer Junior
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: Tiger 1200 GT Pro
    • City / Town: Julianadorp
    New here
    on: December 04, 2022, 10:08:40 am
    December 04, 2022, 10:08:40 am
    Hello everyone, I'm new to this group. I'm a female rider (no hot young chick  :745: ) and I have just traded in my lovely Yamaha Tracer 900 GT for a Tiger 1200 GT Pro, which will be delivered in January, so in fact, I currently don't even own a bike  :034:

Anyway, before buying the Tiger, I testrode a few other candidates like the KTM 1290 Super Adventure S, the Ducati Multistrada V2S and also the Tiger 900, but the 1200 GT Pro really put a smile on my face  :001: What a beast! With the original seat mounted, I can almost sit flatfooted, but almost doesn't work for me, so I ordered the low seat, of course the heated one and a whole bunch of other accessories.

I love to ride the twisties in Germany, but I can also enjoy the German Autobahn, where you are allowed to go really fast. I usually go there on vacations with my youngest son who rides an S1000 XR. Riding in The Netherlands can be quite nice as well if you know where the nicer roads are. I would love to go to England and Scotland on the bike one day, but Eastern Europe is also on my wish list and a realistic option with the better suspension I will get with the Tiger. I normally avoid bumpy roads, but mayebe I'll start liking them once I have the Tiger  :084:

• Offline NorthumBryan   gb

• Explorer Master  ‐    690

Offline NorthumBryan

• Explorer Master
    • NorthumBryan
    • Bike: Tigger 1200 Alpine
    • City / Town: Northumberland
    Re: New here
    Reply #1 on: December 04, 2022, 11:24:27 am
    December 04, 2022, 11:24:27 am
     :401: to the forum from the UK. Don't be shy - get on the Ijmuiden to North Shields ferry and ride Northumberland & Scotland, you'll love it  :467:
    Talking bollocks since 1965...

• Offline Tigress   nl

• Explorer Junior  ‐    3
    • Topic Author

Offline Tigress

• Explorer Junior
    • Topic Author
    Reply #2 on: December 04, 2022, 11:50:31 am
    December 04, 2022, 11:50:31 am
    *Originally Posted by NorthumBryan [+]
    :401: to the forum from the UK. Don't be shy - get on the Ijmuiden to North Shields ferry and ride Northumberland & Scotland, you'll love it  :467:

I would love it and I might do that soon. I'll look into the possibilities  :032:

• Offline Jon   us

• Explorer God  ‐    7166

Offline Jon

• Explorer God
    • Bike: 2012 TEX
    • City / Town: Harlan, Iowa
    Reply #3 on: December 04, 2022, 02:49:17 pm
    December 04, 2022, 02:49:17 pm
    A warm :400: from near the center of the States. Congrats on the new GT Pro! You are going to love it. Be sure to post a pic or two once you get it home! :821:
    Jon

• Offline Phil   england

• Explorer Pro  ‐    354

Offline Phil

• Explorer Pro
    • Phil
    • Bike: 2015 Explorer
    • City / Town: Pulborough
    Reply #4 on: December 04, 2022, 03:37:10 pm
    December 04, 2022, 03:37:10 pm
     :400: aboard from West Sussex, England!

Hope you love your Tiger.  Lots of good advice and support on this forum.

Phil  :152:

• Offline NiK   fr

• Explorer God  ‐    5116

Offline NiK

• Explorer God
    • Bike: Red Skin Mk3
    • City / Town: Marseille
    Reply #5 on: December 05, 2022, 12:38:19 pm
    December 05, 2022, 12:38:19 pm
    Another one female rider? Now that's great!
    Are finally the times A-changin'?
    (c8

Welcome here distinguished (obviously, since you chose the classiest big trailie available) lady!

If you want twisties AND Sun, don't hesitate to come by here one of these days. Within a 2 hours radius from my home, you have mountains, seashores, countrysides of almost every kind ;-)

And yes, you'll get used to road bumps thanks to the great Tiger's architecture!

• Offline Tigress   nl

• Explorer Junior  ‐    3
    • Topic Author

Offline Tigress

• Explorer Junior
    • Topic Author
    Reply #6 on: December 05, 2022, 01:06:33 pm
    December 05, 2022, 01:06:33 pm
    *Originally Posted by NiK [+]
    Another one female rider? Now that's great!
    Are finally the times A-changin'?

Welcome here distinguished (obviously, since you chose the classiest big trailie available) lady!

If you want twisties AND Sun, don't hesitate to come by here one of these days. Within a 2 hours radius from my home, you have mountains, seashores, countrysides of almost every kind ;-)

And yes, you'll get used to road bumps thanks to the great Tiger's architecture!

Thank you for the warm welcome  :008: I don't think there are many ladies on the 1200; there are a few on the Tracer 900, but that's also quite rare. Maybe the men tell them to choose a smaller bike  :084: My husband told me to get a smaller bike, so I got me a big one  :745:
    You're very lucky to live there. I'd love riding in the South of France  :152: I've been watching so many video's on Youtube of people riding their motorbikes in beautiful area's all around the world.

nonskid