Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: How Fast Does A Deer Strike Happen?  (Read 4760 times)

Offline Studley

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Tiger Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver
Re: How Fast Does A Deer Strike Happen?
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2014, 05:07:51 PM »
*Originally Posted by milq [+]
It's been said that the Illinois Dept. Of Natural Resources uses police and insurance data to annually adjust the number of hunting permits and the calendar days for deer season.

That makes sense. I'd like to see that adopted in some areas.

Studley

Offline AndyP

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Tiger Explorer
  • City / Town: Brisbane
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2014, 09:09:10 PM »
I cant see the vid coz I am at work, but I hit a red kangaroo doing 110kph on the TEX. I stayed upright, just. The roo hit left front and the bike pushed it around onto my leg resulting in a broken ankle. Had I been on a lesser bike I think I may have wound up dead.

Offline Simmo

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2017 1200 XRT White
  • City / Town: Reading
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2014, 12:21:14 AM »
Thankfully apart from a pheasant and a close call with a small deer the only large and stupid object I've hit in the road was a human!

He decided he was going to cross the road in front of me and I gave him a blast on the horn and which point he span round and started making his way back to the footpath!!

I was on an old CBR1000F doing about 25mph, caught him a glancing blow, broke one of his legs and my screen. Fortunately the kerbstone had been lowered at that point otherwise I would have come off the bike. As it was I was able to run up onto the footpath and stop.
2017 Explorer XRT in White fitted with Triumph Sat Nav mount and Arrow exhaust. Also fitted - Puig Touring Screen, Rox Anti-vibration Pivoting Risers, Skidmarx Rear Hugger, Evotech Headlight Protector, Palmer Bar End Weights, Grip Puppies, SW Motech Upper Engine Bars, Panniers and Tool Tube, Skene P3 rear LEDs, Givi Trekker Outback 58L Box and Corben Heated Seat.

Offline inditx

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2014 White TEX
  • City / Town: KC Area
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2014, 12:41:54 AM »
FAST!

I was on a Rocket 3 going 40mph and a buck came out of nowhere. All I could do is put the bike into a slide. Lots of damage to the bike, broken wrist and road rash on the side of my foot and the buck? He ran off!

Incredible, I at least wanted to stuff him and put a tag under his mounted head that read; "Buck by Bike" or "I hunt with a Triumph" or….oh well that's enough of that.

Anyhoo, I literally idled the Triumph back home as the throttle cable had snapped and the gearshift linkage allowed first gear only. Oh well my right wrist was the one that was broken anyway.

Oh yeah, a HARLEY guy stopped to help me. Now I have to be nice to those guys too!  :435:

inditx
inditx
<><

Recent Topics