Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Show us your Panniers/Sideboxes  (Read 199169 times)

Offline expressshaftie

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 1200 XRT
  • City / Town: Monmouth
Givi top box triumph sliding rack
« Reply #690 on: November 29, 2017, 07:58:50 PM »
 Two questions from a newbie.  Sorry if they are somewhere in the previous 68 pages and I've missed it!

1) is the 'sliding' rack  really essential as I can't see another manufacturers that lists it for their boxes?
2) will a GIVI OEM  outback top box (more readily available and cheaper than Triumph branded) fit on the Triumph sliding rack?  There seem to be differences on the cut out patterns of the top plate.

By the look of it luggage is one of the most confusing issues to resolve so at least I feel in good company!

Offline PotosiJoe

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 2014 Explorer xc
  • City / Town: Caledonia Mo.
Re: Show us your Panniers/Sideboxes
« Reply #691 on: December 08, 2017, 07:47:14 PM »
Anyone using the New Givi Dolomiti side cases or have pics on a Tex.  Thanks Joe

Offline Slaine

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800
  • City / Town: Lippstadt

Offline Slaine

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800
  • City / Town: Lippstadt
« Reply #693 on: July 25, 2018, 09:31:51 AM »
*Originally Posted by PotosiJoe [+]
Anyone using the New Givi Dolomiti side cases or have pics on a Tex.  Thanks Joe

Was looking at this aswell only with the SW-Motech mount to make it all asymetric but am now quite interested in the SHAD SH35 cases.

The SHAD cases cost as a pair around 400-450€, the whole set for 2016-2018 Explorer including mount and bags for cases sosts less than 700€, you only lose 2 litres over the Dolomiti but the system is about 2,5 kilos lighter and the mount ca stay on the bike and is hardly noticeable.

SHAD make many OEM Bags, including BMW (GS Vario) and Yamaha (Super Tenere).

From behind the proportions are looking very good:

« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 09:33:41 AM by Slaine »

Offline CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
« Reply #694 on: August 20, 2018, 06:13:23 PM »
Here is my TEX loaded for camping two-up with my Kappa cases (46 ltr side, 55 ltr top). This gives me about the same case capacity as a Gold Wing. I also have a pair of 33 ltr Givi side cases for solo touring.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline Zeebad

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 1200 XCx
  • City / Town: Stourbridge
« Reply #695 on: August 20, 2018, 06:30:22 PM »
*Originally Posted by PotosiJoe [+]

Oops, I guess I should have put them in here, but I started a new thread https://www.tiger-explorer.com/index.php/topic,17603.0.html

Recent Topics

nonskid