Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Power supply under rear cowl  (Read 462 times)

Offline Growler

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XCA
  • City / Town: Nottinghamshire
Power supply under rear cowl
« on: January 18, 2019, 03:42:36 PM »
Anyone know what type of plug / socket is fitted under seat cowl for 12v 2 pin supply ( originally for heated top box  / GPS supply ). Address for supplier of suitable plug with pins would be appreciated. Cheers Growler

Offline Will Morgan

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Ross on Wye
Re: Power supply under rear cowl
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 04:15:42 PM »
On my 2016 XRT its an Econoseal 2 pin connector - the female socket is on the bike, so you'll need to get a male plug. Easy to find on ebay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Econoseal-2-way-waterproof-male-connector-AMP-TYCO-TE-sealed-plug-with-terminals/310314561157?epid=4027211315&hash=item4840306e85:g:JVkAAOSwsB9WEO~j:rk:1:pf:0

When I bought one last week it wasn't an exact fit - a pair of locating lugs on the side needed filing down to get it to fit the Triumph one but now it works perfectly......There's a blank plug in the socket on the bike so i filed lugs to match that.

Offline NiK

• Explorer God
  • Bike: Red Skin Mk3
  • City / Town: Marseille
Re: Power supply under rear cowl
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 09:19:17 AM »
Confirmed.
When I made my rear light sockets derivation, I noticed the econoseals I bought from eBay weren't exactly standard and had to use a cutter to make them fit. Stil not a perfect fit, but as an underseat connection it should do the trick.

Strange how (genuine) econoseal connectors aren't that easy to source these days...

Recent Topics