Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Puig Touring Screen  (Read 2554 times)

Offline TexCavalry

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: TEX
  • City / Town: Fort Worth
Puig Touring Screen
« on: February 11, 2013, 10:21:02 PM »
Is anyone using the Puig Touring Screen?  If so, what are your thoughts?

Offline communicator

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Explorer cranberry
  • City / Town: Cergy
Re: Puig Touring Screen
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 10:53:18 PM »
Yes me

I just get the PUIG screen touring and I think also that the bubble actually also is not wide enough.

So I also request the opinion of experts in this forum to maybe have an answer to the question above.

It can be heated or not to extend the above?

Offline Explorer 62

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Yam S10, R1150R
  • City / Town: Burton on Trent
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 11:52:23 PM »
*Originally Posted by TexCavalry [+]
Is anyone using the Puig Touring Screen?  If so, what are your thoughts?

Do you mean the small screen that clamps on to the top of the standard Triumph screen? If so yes they do work, im 5'8" & I bolted it on today, tried it at various speed on dual carriageway & motorway = no helmet wobble, water/rain goes straight over your head. I can ride above M-way speeds with my Neotec open & no problems with wind in your eyes or buffeting.

:031:

Offline salisburytiger

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Tiger 1200XRt
  • City / Town: Salisbury
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 08:22:55 PM »
That's helpful - I'm 6ft 1 and am getting a fair bit of buffeting on my 2018 Tiger 1200.
Is this the puig clipon  ref 6319H?
Cheers

Offline Simmo

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2019 1200 XRT White
  • City / Town: Reading
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 08:42:07 PM »
Hi Salisburytiger

I cant see what Gen tiger you are riding but I use the Puig 8916H on my Gen2 XRT. I find it really good and I'm 6'3" in fact it is the only screen that I've found where I dont need it at full height all the time.

Simmo
2019 Tiger 1200 XRT in White fitted with Puig Touring Screen, Rox Anti-vibration Pivoting Risers, Skidmarx Rear Hugger, Palmer Bar End Weights, Grip Puppies, SW Motech Upper Engine Bars, Panniers and Tool Tube, Givi Trekker Outback 58L Box and Corben Heated Seat.

Offline salisburytiger

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Tiger 1200XRt
  • City / Town: Salisbury
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 08:51:18 PM »
Thanks - I've got a gen 3

Offline Dalg

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: Tiger Explorer
  • City / Town: Kent
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2019, 07:37:23 PM »
My tiger came with the touring puig screen and I still get blown about however I am 6’5” so not sure if I’ll ever aortnthat but you can get a puig extension piece for that screen which I will try. 

Offline Stillwobbling

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer XCa 2017
  • City / Town: EastMids
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2019, 02:16:41 PM »
Rather than create a new thread on this, I figured I'd just add to it as it's relevant to the original title.

After my little incident in Kielder, I needed to replace my screen. I originally had a Powerbronze from my Gen one, fitted to my Gen 2 with a bit of fettling. I found it pretty impressive in all conditions but decided to buy this instead just for a change

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=401284680107&_sacat=0

It's the PUIG touring screen.

And ...

Well came very quickly, perfectly packaged and not a mark on it. It fitted beautifully and it's clearly a quality item.

But

It's actually too tall and not quite wide enough. On full height I have to look through it - I'm 6'.0 and got my seat on the low position. On fully retracted, it still gives pretty good protection. One nifty point is that I can lower it at speed and suddenly there's a point where it directs air straight into the top vent on my Shoei Neotec 1. Never had that before; it's lovely.

There seems to be quite a bit of breeze coming around the screen which I didn't get with the Powerbronze.

All in all it's not a bad screen but I don't think I would actively recommend it. I don't get any buffeting but then neither is it as calm as my previous screen. The PB was perfect at full elevation and on hot days could be lowered to give me full face refreshment. It's almost as though the PUIG gives too much vertical protection. It's a huge thing.  It doesn't have the kicker at the top like the PB that seems to push the air up and over at the last minute. It's just a huge shield. I don't dislike it enough to swap it and I'll certainly give it a fuller trial, but I think if I'd seen it in the flesh first I'd probably not have bought this one.

Offline markustyson

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: Triumph Tiger 1200
  • City / Town: Victori, BC
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2019, 04:56:38 PM »
This is good information. Thank you! I was looking at the Puig Touring but will probably pass now.

I too have been looking at options for my 2018 XRT. I am 6’1” and get buffering when the stock screen is all the way up. I ride with the seat in the tall position. I’ve tried riding with the seat on low, which helps with buffering but I find the position too cramped for my legs.

I tried the MRA X-Creen sport which didn’t do a thing. I might try the X-Creen Touring, as it’s significantly larger. I’ve also tried pushing the screen off the mounts about 1/2” like recommended and didn’t notice too much difference.

Offline NiK

• Explorer God
  • Bike: Red Skin Mk3
  • City / Town: Marseille
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2019, 12:57:17 PM »
Though I find the Triumph touring screen on the XRt excellent (against the Mk1 setup), I'm more and more contemplating getting one of these: https://www.mrashop.de/com/vario-spoiler-parts/?p=1

Recent Topics

nonskid