Author Topic: Check and Update your Profile Email Address !  (Read 3112 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
Check and Update your Profile Email Address !
on: February 05, 2014, 11:27:56 AM
We've noticed that quite a few people have out of date email addresses in the profiles. It's something that's only come to light as our email server is getting a significant number of emails that are bouncing. These email are usually notification emails when you've subscribed to a topic or a notification when someone sends you a pm. They end up going to a dead email address and bounce back to us.  :138:

WHY ? It's important your email is up to date. If you accidentally forget your forum password and need to reset it then you'll get permanently locked out as there would then be no way the automated system could send you a reset email  :155:  Our logs show a few people who are locked out and can't get back in. We can't even help them as we don't have an up to date email address in order to contact them.

Do it now !

1. Go to your profile (Account Settings) and check your registered email address is up to date and current.
2. Log in to that email address and check it's still active. Some lapse if you don't use them or if they get filled up to a certain quota.

If you need to amend the email address then just change it in your profile. You'll need your password in the last field as well to confirm the change, then hit the "Change Profile" button at the bottom of the page.

If you have any problems then pm me and I'll help you with any amendments.

Better be safe than sorry - no one wants to get locked out of their favourite Explorer forum   :114:

Cheers  :821:

Offline 1984Rider

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2013 TEX
  • City / Town: Martinsburg
Re: Check and Update your Profile Email Address !
Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 12:29:38 AM
Hey there Mr. Admin, is there a way to change my account setting so my email inbox doesn't get loaded with notifications from this site. I never used to get them until about a month or two ago.

By the way, love the site!!
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives" - Hedley Lamarr

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 11:02:16 AM
You can adjust what notifications you receive in your Profile area:

Profile --> Modify Profile --> Notifications

Lots of options in there to tailor them to just as you like them.

You can either turn them off or adjust the frequency (individually, daily, weekly, only first reply etc etc..). Be wary of turning them off completely, if someone replies to one of your posts and asks you a question then it's easy to forget about it.

You can also adjust notifications on specific posts in the "..other options" section located beneath the compostion box when you actually compose your post prior to posting.  :038:

:821:

Offline 1984Rider

• Explorer Master
Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 12:02:10 PM
Great, thanks.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives" - Hedley Lamarr

Offline SomeDude451

• Explorer Member
  • City / Town: Texas
Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 03:25:23 PM
I'm curious, why not just set up an email rule to send the bounce backs to a junk folder?

Offline 1984Rider

• Explorer Master
Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 03:36:35 PM
Prefer to fix at the source.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
Reply #6 on: August 26, 2015, 11:13:14 AM
This topic is from Feb but there's still quite a few members with out of date email addresses so please take 2 minutes to check yours in your Profile area  :028:

Cheers  :821:

Offline dunc

• Explorer Pro
Reply #7 on: August 26, 2015, 11:19:22 AM
mines fine thanks for asking  :082:

Offline Jon

• Explorer God
  • Bike: 2012 TEX
  • City / Town: Harlan, Iowa
Reply #8 on: August 26, 2015, 02:21:53 PM
Mine's good too!
Jon