Author Topic: Gearbox problem - 3rd to neutral..  (Read 203459 times)

Offline CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
Re: Gearbox problem - 3rd to neutral..
Reply #910 on: November 24, 2021, 06:10:51 PM
*Originally Posted by jures [+]
Indissasembled everything got familiar with how everything works and selector fork has nothing to do with this error.
Its simply bad material and wrongly engineered part. Yes it would be ok dor clutch only but after QS even Triumph realised a different part - stronger one- is needed. So they revised it. Btw new 6th gear is even much heavier then previous version
So in essence, this is a different issue that is likely caused by the quickshifter.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline Speed_Racer

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 2013 Explorer
  • City / Town: Utah, USA
Reply #911 on: November 24, 2021, 06:32:17 PM
My 2013 is experiencing this issue and has no QS. I'm planning on replacing the shift selector as well as 2nd/6th gears - may as well do both if I'm already in there fixing stuff.
'13 TEx, '08 Striple, '12 T100

Offline CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
Reply #912 on: November 24, 2021, 06:40:11 PM
*Originally Posted by Speed_Racer [+]
My 2013 is experiencing this issue and has no QS. I'm planning on replacing the shift selector as well as 2nd/6th gears - may as well do both if I'm already in there fixing stuff.
The selector shaft and detent wheel are accessed behind the coolant overflow bottle where the shifter mechanism attaches. The gearbox is behind the clutch. So you don't necessarily have to do them both at the same time. The selector shaft is an easy job that can be done in an hour or two.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig