Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: (UK / France) economy inner bags option Givi Trekker Outback etc  (Read 2886 times)

Offline Stuartb

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Woking
I wanted some inner bags for my Givi Trekker Outback 37l panniers.  Givi ones look nice but are £50-60.  All i needed was something to make unloading at the end of the day easier.  Hoping that the panniers are water tight so not after waterproof bags.

Quite pleased with what i found after lots of searching and thought i'd share.  I'd imagine these might work for Trax or similar also, but haven't tested.

Decathlon do lightweight cabin bags in a couple of sizes.  The 35 litre version is a decent fit in the 37l trekker pannier leaving a bit of room in the lid for a net or something piled on top.  £7.99 and they come in various patterns and colours. Not many Decathlon stores in the UK so you might need to factor in delivery if you're ordering online.  These are very lightweight and fold into themselves for compact storage.  They are not trash however.

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/Buy/cabin+bag

The 55 litre version of these bags is a good fit in the Givi Trekker 52N top box.

Cheers
Stuart

« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 10:41:10 AM by Stuartb »
Ask me if you have questions about any of:- Carbon fender extender, Pyramid shockshield, Triumph radiator guard, Givi SRA 6403 and 52L Trekker top box, 38L Trekker Outback cases, SW Motech crash bars and Storm handguards, GPS mount for car-based Garmin satnav, Batzen bracket, Skidmarx screen, SW Motech light mounts and LED lights with Skene Designs controller, Fuzeblock, Sena SMH10, Remus Ti Hexacone exhaust. Admore light bar. Camping gear video

Offline JonnyBravo

• Explorer Master
  • her name was Dora..........
  • Bike: BMW R1200 GSA
  • City / Town: Nr Uttoxeter
Re: (UK / France) economy inner bags option Givi Trekker Outback etc
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 09:01:07 PM »
They look much better than the Trax bags - are they nylon/shower proof ?
Riding is everything

Offline TigerCub

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer XC
  • City / Town: Exeter
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 10:10:05 PM »
looks a good idea, after all you only want a portable unit to fit inside the pannier. Mind you, I could never repack mine so they fitted back inside my Give V35s easily.
ex-Tex after under a year

Offline Stuartb

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 11:34:59 PM »
*Originally Posted by JonnyBravo [+]

They make no such claims.  If I get time, I'll try a test tomorrow.

Cheers
Stuart
Ask me if you have questions about any of:- Carbon fender extender, Pyramid shockshield, Triumph radiator guard, Givi SRA 6403 and 52L Trekker top box, 38L Trekker Outback cases, SW Motech crash bars and Storm handguards, GPS mount for car-based Garmin satnav, Batzen bracket, Skidmarx screen, SW Motech light mounts and LED lights with Skene Designs controller, Fuzeblock, Sena SMH10, Remus Ti Hexacone exhaust. Admore light bar. Camping gear video

Offline Stuartb

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 11:36:54 PM »
*Originally Posted by JonnyBravo [+]

I think SW Motech do two types - a straight inner bag and a dry bag.  The dry bag (like most dry bags will just be a very simple (but dry) bag  :002: whereas the non dry bags I think look a bit nicer than these.

Stuart

Offline JonnyBravo

• Explorer Master
  • her name was Dora..........
  • Bike: BMW R1200 GSA
  • City / Town: Nr Uttoxeter
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 08:41:39 AM »
*Originally Posted by Stuartb [+]
I think SW Motech do two types - a straight inner bag and a dry bag.  The dry bag (like most dry bags will just be a very simple (but dry) bag  :002: whereas the non dry bags I think look a bit nicer than these.

Stuart

I have both types - the dry bags are a crap fit but do work and the padded bags are too bulky and take up too much space so i don't use em
Riding is everything

Recent Topics

nonskid