Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Vertical headlight adjustment - manual incorrect  (Read 1883 times)

Offline Stillwobbling

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer XCa 2017
  • City / Town: EastMids
Re: Vertical headlight adjustment - manual incorrect
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2018, 02:34:57 PM »
Well a day late and a dollar short for me. Dunno how I missed this one. It would have been helpful to have read this a few weeks back. But I was in Russia.  I have a gen 2 now and since getting it, I have noticed a flickering headlamp. It seemed more than just the bike moving on the suspension. But moving the back of the lamp unit I couldn't find anything loose. Then last week when looking to see if I could put LEDs in there I removed the bulb cap from the light box to find that indeed, mine had popped off the joint.  Never tried adjusting it so I didn't cause this. I did try to pop it back on by using a right angle trim tool, but didn't want to break anything. In the end I used a hot air gun on medium heat to just warm the parts through to make them less likely to break and with slight pressure from behind the ball and socket snapped back into place.

Went out last night and it's cured. I'm no longer flashing!

Offline FreeflyEll

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: PAIGNTON
Re: Vertical headlight adjustment - manual incorrect
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2018, 08:02:53 PM »
Hi,
So I found that I too was being flashed from drivers coming my way, and that I was lighting up the whole road and high signs far too easily. (Too high and right)
I took the headlight unit out and made the adjustments and yes, you guessed it, I popped the ball joint apart.
A few choice words and brute force fixed that issue, and I refitted the headlight unit.
I took the bike out last night and still have the same high angle on the light beam.
Pre load is down, adjustment at max, and now I am thinking the only option is to replace the whole headlight unit. But before I do, does anyone have any last minute ideas?
I am heading to Portugal on the bike for Christmas and so do not have much time to get the issue wrapped up.
Any help would be appreciated.

Ell

Recent Topics

nonskid